• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSCedge Online: $300 worth of HSC resources, FREE! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
davidbarnes said:
I still think it won't happen.
u only think that coz u dont care about the hsc like they do!

bassistx

HSC
veloc1ty said:
So why are you making such a big issue of it? You must've wasted at least an hour phoning and emailing them and then updating us here about your every complaint. It's free, it took 5 minutes, so just be patient and wait. Why are you in such a hurry to see the stuff?
I didn't call them. I e-mailed them a while back which took less than a minute.
"Updating" on BoS 'cause I'm bored as hell :)

I'm waiting for those resources because I desperately need help with my upcoming assessments. I need them asap, to be more specific, this weekend.

j3nay08 said:
Hey!
I went to the free study lecture they held supposedly 'worth $150', so i was automatically registered. Still haven't recieved a letter yet, but i'm not too concerned, i'm sure it'll arrive soon. Hope the resources are worthwhile!!
Yeah, I would supposedly be automatically registered, but I never received anything to say I was so I went ahead and registered online anyway.

I haven't received anything.

EDIT: Got it.
Still like last week though, just biology. Blegh. Useless.
I'm going to fail Business Studies...

Last edited:

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
I just got my password and I checked out the site, and might I just ask HOW do some of those 'resources' actually, I mean I didn't find anything on journeys in the English section, it's almost as though if the site was designed for Victorian sudents or something.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Hey I got the email yesterday. Wheeee

That's strange. I agree. The resources are for Victorian students, not HSC. I guess they want us to use these essays and notes as extra materials??? as some of these are involved a bit in HSC. Crap.

bassistx

HSC
TSFX are actually based in Victoria and this is their first year in NSW for the HSC. Make an enquiry or wait it out. Shrugs.

bassistx

HSC
We failed to notice the address in the address bar thingy... It says "/vic".
I changed this to "nsw" and it worked :) Genius lol.

http://tsfx.com.au/nsw/hscedgeonline/onlineresources.htm

They've got some stuff up there, not just biology (that's only the notes section or whatever).
But I took a like and I'm afraid that it doesn't apply to us at all. Check out English. They are all essays and stuff about "topics". Much like speeches. They don't have core texts or anything. It's weird. How is an essay about infanticide or whatever going to help me with Briar Rose or Educating Rita? This sucks. They better straighten up.

HSC
bassistx said:
But I took a like and I'm afraid that it doesn't apply to us at all. Check out English. They are all essays and stuff about "topics". Much like speeches. They don't have core texts or anything. It's weird. How is an essay about infanticide or whatever going to help me with Briar Rose or Educating Rita? This sucks. They better straighten up.
It says on their site: "These samples have been provided as a guide to how assignments should be structured, and to provide you with valuable references to assist you in the preparation of your projects."

You didn't expect them to just give you past responses on your english texts?

Zephyrio

HSC
I went to TSFX and also applied online for this. Still no email from them.

So now I'm just going to go by the "oh, they sent me an email?!!?" approach, because I'm not expecting much anymore - certainly not $300, anyway. (BS)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong. I think they give the same samples for NSW and VIC? I mean, I just checked the Biology essays and they are similar to (if not the same as) the VIC parts???

bassistx

HSC
veloc1ty said:
It says on their site: "These samples have been provided as a guide to how assignments should be structured, and to provide you with valuable references to assist you in the preparation of your projects."

You didn't expect them to just give you past responses on your english texts?
Structures, yeah. That's an excuse to use the same VCE stuff for NSW students. Pffft. If it doesn't have to do anything with our prescribed texts and nothing to do with our SYLLABUS, then it's useless because I can easily access the structure of literature for free from a university source.

I'm disappointed to say the least.
Jachie, you want that 20 cents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)