HSTY1034 Early Modern Europe (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Anyone done this course? I'm enrolled for it, but the course description seems a bit vague and I'm wondering if it'd be better to switch to a different HSTY course. Or even a different subject altogether, since ANHS will fulfil the prereqs for senior history.

KarmaKitten

HSC
This is my first early history subject ever, I thought it would be good to fill in the gaps that I have when it comes to history

I think its alright, not as interesting as I would like it to be
but my tutor is lovely and the textbook straightforward

KarmaKitten

HSC
Yeah
Its available in the co-opbookshop
for like $60, but its really good! It doesnt even bore me.
But its pretty comprehensive, although the tutorials arent based on the textbook, the lectures pretty much are.

Plus sometimes I find the lectures to be full of gaps (i guess thats with most lectures)

neafoo

HSC
Yeah the first assignment is this wednseday, i dont know when its due.

$60 ;( i just had to pay $100 for all the course readers and now im broke. I wonder how ill get the cash =[

KarmaKitten

HSC
Aww, well you dont need the textbook yet for any assignment. So maybe wait a little till you get some money and then buy it

Im lucky having a pretty much a part time job (altho I seem to be working full time hours these past weeks) and I was able to buy all my books/course readers without even blinking. Unlike LAST semester, where I went completely broke afterwards.

neafoo

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Aww, well you dont need the textbook yet for any assignment. So maybe wait a little till you get some money and then buy it

Im lucky having a pretty much a part time job (altho I seem to be working full time hours these past weeks) and I was able to buy all my books/course readers without even blinking. Unlike LAST semester, where I went completely broke afterwards.
i got fired during the last exam period for semester one from my job :) i cant mulch of my parent either... dad doesnt have a job ;(

edit: theres prolly a copy on special reserve at fisher, ill go there if i need it.

KarmaKitten

HSC
neafoo said:
i got fired during the last exam period for semester one from my job :) i cant mulch of my parent either... dad doesnt have a job ;(

edit: theres prolly a copy on special reserve at fisher, ill go there if i need it.

yeah there is a copy there in the library

justincase you need a certain chapter photocopied
i may be in a good enough mood to scan it for you

I MAY BE

neafoo

HSC
I spent the last of my money today and bought it :( ive now got $3.43 until i next get a job.
but the book is pretty clear. and long. It also shows how patchy some of the lectures were... like the one about war last week.
now im stressed about the amount of reading i have to do D:

thanks anyway :) :) :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
yeah i went to the first lecture last week
and i think my textbook is so much better than the lectures
but oh well
and yeah , i have heaps of reading to do for this week

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I will! Send me a message before the class so I know!
The copy centre didn't have my readers, and my tute is on tomorrow at 10 :(

neafoo

HSC
anyone started the assignment?

I signed up for an essay question today... i chose the one on the wars of religion (1st one) because i dont know anything about anything else :(

KarmaKitten

HSC
Heh, I went there at 11am and the first question had like 8 people already signed up for it.

I think doing a question that was done in class is even harder because then markers expect an even more original essay etc.

Anyways, I picked question 7. The one about the perceptions of women.

And I am just about to start the assignment today! ill be at home all weekend to do it

neafoo

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Heh, I went there at 11am and the first question had like 8 people already signed up for it.

I think doing a question that was done in class is even harder because then markers expect an even more original essay etc.

Anyways, I picked question 7. The one about the perceptions of women.

And I am just about to start the assignment today! ill be at home all weekend to do it
really? i went there at about 1 and there was noone on the question 1 essay list? :S
maybe i signed up fo rthe wrong thing... now do iwalk back to uni to check?

neafoo

HSC
HEH ok so i quickly skipped back to uni (i dont live far away) and went up there... question 3 is the witches one... its full... question 4 has heaps of people too
but question 2 is empty and question 1 has like 3 people including myself :)

btw question 7 was the one i was gunna do if i didnt do question 1 :) i also thought about question 16, the role of the family i think it was, but none of the material was in the course reader i dont think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)