HTA History Day (1 Viewer)

malayz_angel

Anyone heading to the Ancient History lectures at Sydney Uni on June 27th? I'll definitely be at the Ancient one and probably the Modern one too.

wednesday

i'm going to the sydney uni ones i'l be at minoans, sparta and agrippina :rolleyes: anything to help i guess!!! are you all going on friday or saturday?

Wiggum

Not too sure about the site.
Yep i'm going to it as well, the lecture's i'm going to has my teacher's old lecturers and she told us they were good so i'm expecting to learn quite a bit.

Wiggum

Hahaha

I went on friday to Augustus & Julio Claudians, Agrippina the Younger & Roman society from the time of Augustus. If anyone is doing any of the above, the only one worth going to is the society. I'm not too sure about the lecturers if they're the same, but i could have seirously left @ 11am since the society lecture was 1st up.

How did everyone else think of the day?

malayz_angel

Well the most repeated phrase I heard throughout the day was "We don't know". That was what I paid $25 for? Here's a quick summary of the day:

Xerxes: Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. The phrase "we don't know" was first introduced here and continuously repeated throughout the lecture. Also the lecturer said some things that contradicted what our teacher had told us.

Sparta: Wow, I had no idea that so many ppl were doing this topic! It was totally packed. This lecture was more interesting, we learnt about a couple of extra historians we should be referring to. On the negative side however, the lecturer gave us copies of his notes and didn't tell us much that wasn't already in them, so I have to admit that we didn't pay all that much attention.

The Minoans: I found this alright because it's our new topic and there were a lot of new things to learn. Also there was a 'slide show' which was a welcome change from reading notes.

Wiggum

Originally posted by malayz_angel
Also the lecturer said some things that contradicted what our teacher had told us.
Hahaha i know what you mean, that's why seriously it was a waste of time, and definately not worth $25. I talked to a friend about the day but she was doing the Egypt lectures and she said that there was only 1 lecture worth going to, which is exactly what i said earlier.

Our guys were like "hey where's all the people" since our lectures were about 3/4 full, but not totally packed. We thought we'd have more people...

malayz_angel

In my opinion, it WAS DEFINITELY NOT worth going to, u didn't miss out on ANYTHING. In fact, I think it saved ten years of your life...I lost five from boredom with the lectures and five from heart problems with the contradictions.

malayz_angel

When will I ever find lectures that are worth going to? I remember paying nearly $40 for English lectures at Sydney Uni once and we ended up sleeping through one, enjoying one and skipping two altogether. *Sigh* Eight meals @ Maccas down the drain.

Wiggum

Hahaha, that's a shame eh? 8 meals @ Maccas....o no.....

But that's true, there wasnt' anyhting much @ all. There was only 1 worth staying for, but that's defnately NOT worth $25...so all in all i'd agree...

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Wiggum
Hahaha, that's a shame eh? 8 meals @ Maccas....o no.....

Hey, if u were anything like the real Chief Wiggum, u would know the value of unhealthy junk :D

U definitely know the value of lectures :p

Wiggum

Originally posted by malayz_angel
Hey, if u were anything like the real Chief Wiggum, u would know the value of unhealthy junk :D

U definitely know the value of lectures :p
Point taken :) Still...

It's just to put it in a suttle manner...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)