HTML editor (2 Viewers)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Jeo said:
What you can do is use a WYSIWYG editor and then after you are finished, you can clean up the code.
Yep thats the ticket. Use something like frontpage to do the aesthetics and just use notepad (or the editor in the program) to insert scripts and such.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Notepad U Newbs

NOTEPAD!
I hate all those friken NOOBS that use the other stuff. It's pathetic, they think web designing is all "easy", just "drag n drop", what a bunch of poofters. Most of these people don't even know what HTML is, yet alone what it looks like. Their websites always suck anyway, they don't even know what a webpage is...

I hate it how it doesn't even take knowledge anymore. Ruins all those long hours learning to play around with div's, css etc...

I've done coding in HTML and programming in PHP for ages but I recently stoped because I got fed up of all the different stupid standards across the different web browser platforms, and all these gay noobs using dreamweaver, it's ridiculous if you ask me. :vcross:

Winston

HSC
HellVeN said:
NOTEPAD!
I hate all those friken NOOBS that use the other stuff. It's pathetic, they think web designing is all "easy", just "drag n drop", what a bunch of poofters. Most of these people don't even know what HTML is, yet alone what it looks like. Their websites always suck anyway, they don't even know what a webpage is...

I hate it how it doesn't even take knowledge anymore. Ruins all those long hours learning to play around with div's, css etc...

I've done coding in HTML and programming in PHP for ages but I recently stoped because I got fed up of all the different stupid standards across the different web browser platforms, and all these gay noobs using dreamweaver, it's ridiculous if you ask me. :vcross:
I think you're a little off mate, programming raw in notepad doesn't mean you're king. People opt to use a WYSIWIG editor for the main fact that, it will speed up development of a website. Furthermore WYSIWIG editors don't do everything for you, sometimes you might want your table layouts to be in a ordered fashion which you might have to do some editing on your own in the code. Don't think you're cool because you enjoy reading code inside a notepad, with no syntax highlighting, poor tabbing. Just think in terms of rapid deployment, you'll lose in the end mate.

Jeo

HellVeN said:
NOTEPAD!

There is nothing wrong with using WYSIWIG. There are disadvantages of using WYSIWYG and there are disadvantages of using notepad. I use notepad because I don't design, I mainly do the programming. So I don't need to see the overall look. The disadvantage of using WYSIWYG is that machine automatically slaps code everywhere when its not needed. This is mainly a problem with frontpage, and if you set the page to be compatible with netscape etc then it stops doing most of it.

sunny

meh.
HSC
HellVeN said:
I take it you hate how computers are getting so much more faster than they used to be as well, you know, it doesn't even take knowledge to turn one on anymore. Ruins all those long hours learning how to replace valves and inserting punch cards.

HellVeN said:
I've done coding in HTML and programming in PHP for ages but I recently stoped because I got fed up of all the different stupid standards across the different web browser platforms
Then you're not actually following a standard then are you. Use a standard that works on all browsers.

HellVeN said:
and all these gay noobs using dreamweaver, it's ridiculous if you ask me. :vcross:
I hope I'm not a noob because I use Paint Shop Pro instead of MS Paint to edit all my graphics.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Yeah I was expecting those replies.
No I'm not saying I'm necessarily against thing getting easier, what annoys me is those people that blatently fire up a WYSIWYG, make a page in a matter of minutes, and then claim that they are cool and they are good at making "webpages" and think they know everything when they do not have the slightest idea how any of it actually works.

I guess it's just one of those frustrating things.
Don't tell me you've never had one of those stupid computing teacher who know s jack shit about computers but think that they're experts you and try to show you how to do blablabla and you know they suck...

But then again it's just one of those things, when you've taken time learning a language and script and then a program just spoonfeeds you or does it for you with a click of the mouse, it's just sort of depressing. It's just like how you can spend half an hour making a clone of mario in game maker or whatever its called, but in vb or c++, it takes you months.

Another example: hackers.
If you've ever been to any of those sites, you'll notice that there are two main kinds. The one's who know what they're doing, and the ones who just use tools that the other smart one's have made (script-kiddies). These script-kiddies never get anywhere anyway......

Sunny, there are no "standards" that will work across all browsers, trust me. They all have slightly different ways of parsing html. And even though this is getting better, namely because of W3, it's still far from perfect.

I'm was one of those extremely precise web-designers, I was pixel perfect on my designs. I drew a really good sketch in paint or whatever tool was available, and then measured everything carefully. Anyway, writting your code "raw" gives you much more freedom if you have a routine and you know what you're doing.

Winston, you don't program HTML, it's not a programming language so NAA :p !

Winston

HSC
HellVeN said:
Winston, you don't program HTML, it's not a programming language so NAA :p !
I didn't specifically state HTML did i? It could of been JavaScript too... or PHP, you're just a smart ass 'bud'!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)