• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hugging the opposite sex (1 Viewer)

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
my friends mum ^_^

I dont Initiate It Tho

then i'll do it to u next time. be ScAREDddDDddddddddd

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
giggsy013 said:
I am a guy, I have quite a few friends now that are girls. It's got to the stage where we hug each other if we haven't seen each other for a while.

The problem is, I feel awkward doing this because I'm not sure about where to put my arms.

Any advice?
Do the handshake if it is awkward. I do 100s of those everyday at school.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
theshortykatt said:
girls dont like handshakes
Do girls think anything of kisses on the cheek? With my normal female friends that's just the norm but yesterday I met some girls who are from like a different group and one of em was like "why'd you kiss me?" It made the whole thing very awkward.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
i know some girls who dont liked to be touched at all. Very personal space bubble.
I am quite like that. But in boys' high school, you should put up with people constantly touch you and show off their 'muscles'.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
ah ok.

im used to seeing guys do the manly hug...
You would not know what happens during 'manly hug'. :mad:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
Don't get me wrong. I never fell victim to that kind of thing. It is just that some people did (but they apparently love it, which makes it worse). :cold: :cold:

EDIT: Don't worry, I am not going to experiment on that even though I am quite curious as to why they love it.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
theshortykatt said:
i never have thought more about it... its just a friendly kiss...

were you just like "i always do that" or something?

depends on the girl though.
i know some girls who dont liked to be touched at all. Very personal space bubble.
Yeah, usually i let the girl take the lead. I dont offer my hand to shake unless its something we have done heaps before and i know thats their prefered greeting. If a girl offers her hand i shake it, but thats it.

hugs with most girls. Some girls just really like you to show affection and its how they express their friendship with you so with those, a kiss on the cheek during the hug. i am not that big on the hug really but i know some girls will take it as a slight if you know them pretty well and [ in their mind] are "afraid to touch them" so whatever, they get the satisfaction out of knowing i care for them so its worth the 5sec of my time it takes.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Riet said:
Do girls think anything of kisses on the cheek? With my normal female friends that's just the norm but yesterday I met some girls who are from like a different group and one of em was like "why'd you kiss me?" It made the whole thing very awkward.
I think it would be really awkward if you just met them for the first time. Kiss on the cheek is fine if you've met them prior and know them a bit but otherwise I'd go for the no contact "hey thar *wave*"

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I would personally be a bit weirded out if some guy i didnt know very well kissed me on the cheek, not to mention my boyfriend would bash them if he found out. but I like hugs! You have to pick your people though, some of my friends I would never hug because I know they don't like to be touched at all. So yeah it really depends on the person

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Caitlin63 said:
I would personally be a bit weirded out if some guy i didnt know very well kissed me on the cheek, not to mention my boyfriend would bash them if he found out. but I like hugs! You have to pick your people though, some of my friends I would never hug because I know they don't like to be touched at all. So yeah it really depends on the person
lol...yr boyfriend sounds like a psycho

i would prefer a kiss on the cheek rather than a hug. hugs are way more commited and there's more bodily touching, so i don't get how hugs are more accepted

just wait until you get the double (italian)/ triple (islander) kiss combo going. i've almost pashed about 3 of my Tongan cousins

edit: i love kisses on the cheek but, even if we have only just met!

HSC
melimoo said:
lol...yr boyfriend sounds like a psycho

i would prefer a kiss on the cheek rather than a hug. hugs are way more commited and there's more bodily touching, so i don't get how hugs are more accepted

just wait until you get the double (italian)/ triple (islander) kiss combo going. i've almost pashed about 3 of my Tongan cousins

edit: i love kisses on the cheek but, even if we have only just met!
Describe!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)