Human service vet course anyone !!! (1 Viewer)

Boston786

HSC
Anyone done human services I just got accepted and I want to know what the next 2 years is going to be like.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
While I did not take Human Services, I thought I'd share some information about this course. First, it's a Category B course with a unit value of 2. Should you wish for this subject to count towards your ATAR, you will be required to sit the Human Services Examination. The rule regarding Category B courses is that only 2 units of Category B courses can count towards your ATAR. This means that, if you are taking any additional, 2-unit Category B subjects, only one of them can contribute towards your ATAR.

The Human Services Curriculum Framework is based on qualifications and units of competency contained in the nationally endorsed CHC Community Services Training Package and HLT Health Training Package.

The AQF VET qualifications available in the Human Services Curriculum Framework are:
  • CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
  • HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
  • HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assisting in nursing work in acute care).
For a student to be considered to have satisfactorily completed a course within the Human Services Curriculum Framework they must meet:
  • HSC VET course requirements (refer to Sections 2.2–2.5 of this Syllabus)
  • NESA's requirements for satisfactory course completion There must be sufficient evidence that the student has:
    • followed the course developed by NESA
    • applied themselves with diligence and sustained effort to the set tasks and experiences provided in the course
    • achieved some or all of the course outcomes
    • undertaken the mandatory work placement.
If you intend to sit the the Human Services Examination, here is some relevant information. The Human Services Examination is worth 80 marks and is comrpised of four sections:
  • Section I - multiple choice
  • Section II - short answer
  • Section III - Extended response
  • Section IV - Response to stimulus
Have a look at the 2020 Human Services Examination:

Having gone through the paper, I noticed that Human Services as a subject shares some similarities with Business Studies, specifically the Human resources topic of the Business Studies HSC course. Some questions within the Human Services Examination relate to work health and safety (WHS), equal employment opportunity (EEO) and industry awards, all of which are covered in the Human resources topic of the Business Studies HSC course. This means that taking Business Studies alongside Human Services could work to your advantage in some areas.

I hope this helps! 😄

adas

HSC
Anyone done human services I just got accepted and I want to know what the next 2 years is going to be like.
I did it and am currently preparing for this years exam and it was honestly not bad. The class I was with (people from different schools, and luckily one of my friends) was chill and the teacher is a real nurse and is really understanding. You get work experience in a real hospital which can be nerve wracking at first but I really loved talking to the patients and you end up feeling like such a professional helping them. However, you still need to take it seriously because it's not a school and it is a workplace affecting real people so you can't muck around. The only other thing I would mention is to stay on top of your schoolwork in addition, especially if you're like me who had to miss out on classes each week to go to the course. If that is the case, make sure to do the classwork and study to catch up, I didn't do it and I regret it cause I missed out on important content. Another is that the 4 hours may seem short, but once you're there it can feel super long, especially during winter when it gets dark outside and everyone else at school has already finished the day. But overall, it was still a great experience and afterwards you can already work in a healthcare setting. So good luck, and don't forget your other classes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)