Hurricane Katrina (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/tv-crew-rescues-stranded-australians/2005/09/02/1125302731165.html

When I saw Mike Amor interviewing those people I thought how could he leave them behind.... he didn't. And the point about how could a journalist and his camera crew get in while Australian diplomats couldn't was also very interesting.

But can you believe John Howard calling the suffering people are facing there "discomfort".... talk about pollie speak! I think discomfort is a little bit of an understatement when people are starving and have no water.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh come on Iron... before the election we had John Kerry doing photo ops being a 'hunter'...

Image is a part of getting elected these days, those people who watch more tv then participate/talk about politics vote based on image and it will continue to be this way no matter who is in the presidency.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Oh come on Iron... before the election we had John Kerry doing photo ops being a 'hunter'...

Image is a part of getting elected these days, those people who watch more tv then participate/talk about politics vote based on image and it will continue to be this way no matter who is in the presidency.
Of course it is. Im just saying that this admin. has used it more than ever - more effectivly too (Kerry hunting was as see thru as mathmites underwear). Tomorrow is going to be interesting. How can you control the scenery there?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I dunno, the press is having troubles there too. Every time I hear a reporter talking they're mentioning how people are comming up to them and hastling them out, asking them to please get them out of there and shit.

He shouldn't be going to new orleans... it's just putting more pressure on the people there. He should be trying to collaborate a nation-wide effort for this state, currently I think only the surrounding states are contributing.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's almost essential that he be seen there, like with ground zero, but he certainly wont have any 'rally round the flag' feeling to back him up.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah when I watch the journalists reporting, I think omigod.... people are coming up to the camera holding up their kids who are starving etc... I don't know how I could handle that, it would be so difficult.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That's not too bad... I'm sure alot of journalists are used to reporting from poor parts of the world. The problem is that the people in new orleans aren't used to this sort of life and they're probably going to start getting violent.

In the superdome apparently alot of people... with medical conditions (including psychiatric ones) have gone to the doctors there with no pills, and not knowing which medication they are on.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
There was a good report where a man was explaining how he lost his wife - how he had to let her go, and she was telling him to look after the kids. He was crying and kept repeating 'she was all i had'. The reporter was plenty crying too.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Well why doesn't god be a little more accurate with these weather strikes and send a tsunami to smash the sinful mardi gras parade in Sydney directly, plus a meteor hailstorm on your house for being a crazy heretic and spreading false prophecy?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
kangaroo if i ever meet you im going to beat you to death with a crucifix wrapped in a rainbow or hot pink cloth while chanting "this is for every homosexual person in the world"
then ill be an even bigger friend to the gays

supercharged

HSC
N/A
kangaroo said:
Because He's merciful, and if He destroyed every part of the world for sinning, it wouldn't even exist. He's extremely merciful, and you can thus imagine it took a lot and lot of sinning to actually allow this disaster
You didn't answer the second part of my question you crazy homo heretic... I don't know what looney drugged up cult you follow, but in 'mainstream' christianity theology based on the new testament which you 'supposedly' follow, an angry god does NOT go actively around tearing up parts of the earth with disasters to slaughter 'sinning' people, rather people's sins are only judged after death :rolleyes:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can we please not bring God into this.

kthnx.

Oh i miss Asqy....

supercharged

HSC
N/A
kangaroo said:
Read my post on the city of Sodom, how God destroyed it because of it's homosexual sins. He is merciful, so yes He's not "tearing" cities appart. There are plenty of examples in the bible, where so many sinners have ben punished for their sins whilst on Earth. All suffereing that exists today, is a result of sin. The word of God includes the Old Testament also, so I don't dismiss if that's what you thought I do.
blah blah someone is confusing christainity with judaism, judaism is based on the old testament which is called the torro to the jews, while christainity is based on the new testament which is based on the life and teachings of jesus in the same way as buddism is based on the life and teachings of budda. At least be sure what religion you 'supposedly' subscribe to. The are no examples of 'godly' destruction on human civilisations as punishment for 'sin' on Earth in the new testament, which is the scripture for christains. Go back to your spaceship crazy heretic :rolleyes:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
kangaroo if i ever meet you im going to beat you to death with a crucifix wrapped in a rainbow or hot pink cloth while chanting "this is for every homosexual person in the world"
then ill be an even bigger friend to the gays
are you the best friend gays have ever had?

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
I don't know, but IMO it's refreshing to hear what kangaroo has to say...

Keep the faith Kanga! :)

(I just came back from a small group meeting (Bible study/prayer) with some friends and it was so enriching... it has made me realise how worthwhile it is to get to know God!)

*waits for the fiery furnace*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)