I’m failing my internal, can i still get a band 5? (1 Viewer)

BeepBeepBee

HSC
Uhhh so I’ve been slacking off for 3u maths this year and my rank is 47/50.. I only have trials to go and that’s weighted 30%. I was ranked 11/69 last year, it’s a massive drop what do I do? My school is ranked 60-80 so yeah idk if that helps.. Is there hope? Say if i work my ass off for trials, could I somehow end up ranked 30/50? Or is that too unrealistic..

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly we can't tell you if you will get a band 5 or not because we don't how you will perform in future assignments. My suggestion instead of worrying about will I get this mark and such, focus on improving your study habits and begin to work on your weaknesses in topics through past paper and exam questions, because that is the only way you will improve your mark

BeepBeepBee

HSC
Honestly we can't tell you if you will get a band 5 or not because we don't how you will perform in future assignments. My suggestion instead of worrying about will I get this mark and such, focus on improving your study habits and begin to work on your weaknesses in topics through past paper and exam questions, because that is the only way you will improve your mark
Thanks for your response! I’m just wondering I can somehow get to 30/50 after trials but really discouraged atm

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for your response! I’m just wondering I can somehow get to 30/50 after trials but really discouraged atm
I think your best option to approach the situation is to:
- First off just take away the mental aspect of feeling discouraged or everything is against you. A positive outlook can really help in motivation and improving
- Then after this figure out what topics you struggle at and start practicing with those
- Videos on YouTube like Eddie Woo are very helpful for the above because he goes through many examples step by step
- You will then get a better understanding of those topics and then you can move onto the harder questions

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
Highly recommend PatrickJMT, he has the best maths videos on youtube!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)