I’ve got a question 😅 (1 Viewer)

Disssi

HSC
N/A
So I was looking at someone’s notes here on BOS for biology and im a little confused at something.
9B742697-9E0C-480E-A125-C9EB903F4D38.png
At the bottom when they talked about similarities, what does it mean by “parental investment indirectly proportional to number of gametes produced”.?

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I think it means for internal fertilisation, more energy and effort from parents = very few gametes / and potential offspring

for external fertilisation, less energy and effort from parents = many gametes

so in both cases there's indirect or inverse proportionality between the investment from parents during copulation, and the offspring that could come out of it, like if one quantity is big the other quantity is small and vice versa. honestly I think this point is worded really strangely I wouldn't bother dwelling on it

Disssi

HSC
N/A
I think it means for internal fertilisation, more energy and effort from parents = very few gametes / and potential offspring

for external fertilisation, less energy and effort from parents = many gametes

so in both cases there's indirect or inverse proportionality between the investment from parents during copulation, and the offspring that could come out of it, like if one quantity is big the other quantity is small and vice versa. honestly I think this point is worded really strangely I wouldn't bother dwelling on it
Thank you ^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)