i am addicted to current affairs (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i watch channel 10 news, then it's channel 9.. then channel surf to sbs news.. then to abc news.. then to the 7.30 report.... then sometimes lateline.... and in the morning i wake up to either abc radio or 2GB radio.... i confess.. i am addicted to news.... ..during the hols i watch parliamentary debate as wel......

anyone else is like me as well? :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
The only thing worse than Channel 9 news is Channel 10 news :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Im starting to get hooked on 'Newshour' with Jim Lear(i think) - 5pm SBS. It's good, serious unbias news with a fuzzy u.s feel to it...i also like the coverage of the kerry campaign.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah although 10 is crap.. but i watch it just to see what stance they take... like u know how some channels are known for the left-wingness or right-wingness... so i like to see the way they present their stories... :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
You know there is 4:30 news on channel 7 too, lol

i usually watch that cause it is quick and there is that ever so useful scroll bar thingy down the bottom.

it is funny how the current evernts shows such at 60 minutes/ACA interview popular celbs and pass it off as news.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol i never thought i would be at an age where peopel around me like the news and politics etc.
no i am not addicted to it, i prefer to watch something not so serious, but i do find it more interesting than i used to many years ago

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
I watch the news at some time during the day, i'm not really picky when or what channel tho i prefer it on sbs or something on abc. I'll often watch question time and other parlimentary crap-agander which finds its way to the telly. Otherwise i tend to surf the news websites for here and overseas. I also like to watch the french news on sbs atleast once a week... the japanese and chinese stuff is interesting i just wish it all had subtitles in english >_<

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Media watch is one of my fav shows lol. I watch a fair bit of news, and I always read articles from diff papers online every day. But I am a journalism student, so I would be worried if I wasn't interested in the news lol.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I get home to see the end of Jim Lehrer showing all the recent American dead in Iraq. Do you remember when the 'terrorists' shot down the helicopter and killed 16 soldiers? It when for about 15 minutes scrolling through all those poor guys!

ABC and SBS are definately the best channels for quality news. SBS's World news goes for about 25 minutes straight without ads and it's real news, without any stupid stories on lost puppys that are reunited with their owners (stupid channel 10). SBS news gives you the real thing- I stumble out of my loungeroom shaken and disturbed after seeing what went on in the world that day.

The quality of journalism in the ABC and SBS when compared to the other channels is noticeable. SBS has Jenny Brockie and the guy who does Dateline(he's good) and ABC has the guy who does the 7.30 Report and Jane Hutcheon.

Compare that to people like Nine's Sammi Lukas and the varitey of other shitheads 10 and 7 have to offer and you'll shake your head in disgrace. To think that they call themselves journalists.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
Alvin Yeap said:
Agreed. 9 and 10 along with 7 have disgraceful journalism.
what can you say, the media controls our point of view ... :p

i think sbs world news is the best, but i prefer to watch the one at 9:30pm, i find it to be more thorough :uhhuh:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Iron woman said:
Im starting to get hooked on 'Newshour' with Jim Lear(i think) - 5pm SBS. It's good, serious unbias news with a fuzzy u.s feel to it...i also like the coverage of the kerry campaign.
Yeah i watch that sometimes, but if you watch it too often you get fed up about the American election, he economy and basball it all gets a bit yeah...

I usually watch the German news on before it on SBS

santaslayer

HSC
LoLz.....I watch the first 15 mins of National Nine News and the last 2 mins of it. I watch the Simpsons in the middle. :D

Parliamentary Debates were really boring before my Economics teacher got us to watch it. (Budget). I watch it occasionally but find that I don't have much time nowdays. :)

My dad watches SBS news. He says it's for the 'smart' people. :p

santaslayer

HSC
Ms Watts looks like a Barbie doll. She looks very plastic. :p
Ray martain looks like he's wearing a tupee. LoLz

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Asquithian said:
1. Parliamentary debates are great. To watch the ALP give good questions and to watch the liberal party give bullshit answers is always fun for compounding my disrespect for the liberal party.
Question Time is perversely entertaining. Usually consists of John Howard and Abbot & Costello endlessly attempting to blast Latham to the continual choruses of 'hear, hear'.

I stay away from commercial news and current affairs.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Gregor Samsa said:
Question Time is perversely entertaining. Usually consists of John Howard and Abbot & Costello endlessly attempting to blast Latham to the continual choruses of 'hear, hear'.

I stay away from commercial news and current affairs.
spot on mister franz kafka....... its so funni when they do the *hear hear* chorus.. haha

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I get my info from the net, surfing the news pages is the first thing i usually do, after opening up irc and BoS of course :p, but yeah i like to be informed, especially in an age with a shitload of crap going on atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)