• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I am an Year 10 student looking to do med at UNSW, what should I start doing to maximise my chances? (1 Viewer)

Goatt

HSC
I have a few questions regarding medicine at UNSW:
1. Should I start preparing for the UCAT right now?
2. What can I start doing that will help me maximise my chances.
3. Does UNSW look at your extra curriculars when you apply?

Pielavender1234

HSC
I had some friends who studied for the UCAT a few months before the actual test and unfortunately they did not get the best marks. So i recomend starting early, BUT do not let the time you spend on UCAT practice take time away from your other subjects. As UNSW does tend to look at your Year 11 grades for early entry and med pathway (only 10 spots). And I believe you must write a personal statement, in which you could talk about your extra circuriculum activities and passion.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
I have a few questions regarding medicine at UNSW:
1. Should I start preparing for the UCAT right now?
2. What can I start doing that will help me maximise my chances.
3. Does UNSW look at your extra curriculars when you apply?
Screw yr 11. Fast track (but engage w the content) the course, and use your time in class to maybe finish the science course done for the hscs. Afterwards, I recommend you try and get as much done on your 4U maths as possible so you can fast track that out of the way to spam papers. Why I recommend you should fast track these is so you have more time to donate to english and ucat. Once maths and science is done, ur chilling. Although, yes I do recommend starting uc asap. The more you get familiarised on how the ucat works and their question types in subtests, the less stressed you'll be in the centre.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
My 5c. Trust me people are going to become more competitive in yr 11, but this is a perfect time for you to exploit their time revising toward your revision for the hscs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)