I am "DEAD!" ARGHH (1 Viewer)

Iamscrewed

HSC
So, I wanted to go to uni in 2009.. but then I am still unsure of that - so then what I done was that I was researching about all the; courses available at different institutions, several UAI cut-off's and doing some basic research about career options. I went to some careers advisors and they gave me great tips and information on courses and alternative ways of going into uni study. The thing is after I have done all this I was still clueless as to whether or not I am happy about my uni preferences, I am just stoked about choosing a course I am only interested in and that it is not my passion or love thats in it..in other words it ended up in me not applying through uac, yes I didn't submit my application through them at the moment, I have done all my preferences last tuesday..but now I am wondering whether or not it is too late still to use a credit card payment to process my application through uac because shit I am screwed cause the late round closes this wednesday but at 9pm :rofl:

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
So, I wanted to go to uni in 2009.. but then I am still unsure of that - so then what I done was that I was researching about all the; courses available at different institutions, several UAI cut-off's and doing some basic research about career options. I went to some careers advisors and they gave me great tips and information on courses and alternative ways of going into uni study. The thing is after I have done all this I was still clueless as to whether or not I am happy about my uni preferences, I am just stocked about choosing a course I am only interested in and that it is not my passion or love thats in it..in other words it ended up in me not applying through uac, yes I didn't submit my application through them at the moment, I have done all my preferences but now I am wondering whether or not it is too late still to use a credit card payment to process my application through uac because shit I am screwed cause the late round closes this wednesday but at 9pm :rofl:

atm u can only get it in in the final round (late feb) and not many offers are given out then

and no, late round is already closed. the offers are coming out wednes at 9pm

Iamscrewed

HSC
So even if the "closing date?" was last Friday and today is Monday it is still too late to make it in the late round? I mean the weekend has only gone by and today..what difference does it make if I dont make it or not tommorow for my application to be considered or not? Even if I did a credit card payment I would still wont make it? Hmm..I need peoples true opinions on this.

Also, Is it really my fault that uac only gave about less than a week to pay for the processing fee after change in preferences for the late..?

Last edited:

Iamscrewed

HSC
But what about for the people who are not sure of going to study? I mean they could want to do something else besides going to university such as work in a variety of areas..or in one area for a few years. What I'm saying is - to make the best decision either if you want to work/ study - you need some time to think things through and consider the consequences before you even apply for anything..which is what I tried to do or have done but then ended up missing out on my options. If only they had given more time...

lionking1191

HSC
So even if the "closing date?" was last Friday and today is Monday it is still too late to make it in the late round? I mean the weekend has only gone by and today..what difference does it make if I dont make it or not tommorow for my application to be considered or not? Even if I did a credit card payment I would still wont make it? Hmm..I need peoples true opinions on this.
yes, that's what 'closing date' means

litany

Helpfool
HSC
But what about for the people who are not sure of going to study? I mean they could want to do something else besides going to university such as work in a variety of areas..or in one area for a few years. What I'm saying is - to make the best decision either if you want to work/ study - you need some time to think things through and consider the consequences before you even apply for anything..which is what I tried to do or have done but then ended up missing out on my options. If only they had given more time...
I understand your indecision - I myself faced it - however unless you have been indisposed for the entire duration of the holidays and the period preceding the HSC, you have had MONTHS to think this through. If you could not have made a decisive decision in that time, then all the time in the world would not have been enough for you. /:

Iamscrewed

HSC
Actually they gave 1 week and a little bit, but still.....also people could have a lack of resources sometimes or problems with the internet connection/family conflicts.

Yeah I was wrong in my last posts..Late round application "closing date" closed on the 23rd of Jan (Friday)

Last edited:

cxlxoxk

HSC
So, I wanted to go to uni in 2009.. but then I am still unsure of that - so then what I done was that I was researching about all the; courses available at different institutions, several UAI cut-off's and doing some basic research about career options. I went to some careers advisors and they gave me great tips and information on courses and alternative ways of going into uni study. The thing is after I have done all this I was still clueless as to whether or not I am happy about my uni preferences, I am just stoked about choosing a course I am only interested in and that it is not my passion or love thats in it..in other words it ended up in me not applying through uac, yes I didn't submit my application through them at the moment, I have done all my preferences last tuesday..but now I am wondering whether or not it is too late still to use a credit card payment to process my application through uac because shit I am screwed cause the late round closes this wednesday but at 9pm :rofl:
TAFE for you!

It's not thaaattt bad!

Miss Winey

HSC
hey "Iamscrewed",

I can empathise with the fact that you have NO IDEA what you want to do WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
It's a pretty big decision to make at 18 years old or whatever when you finish school.
Can i suggest that you stop stressing and take a breathe for a second. maybe go for a walk by yourself or talk to very calm wise person that loves and knows you. (maybe parents or teacher or grandmother or someone else's grandma)

If you have already been an offer at uni or something, you can always defer and pick something when you have thought it through.
Otherwise you can try what you have been accepted in, and just swim around in it for a bit, until you are mature enough to make a decent decision.

Things change with experience. so if you like something, pursue it. if you don't, then stop.
Just gotta listen to your heart.

If late round closes. oh well. late round closed. it's not the end of the world.

Half my friends think they "know" what they wanna do, when they start uni, and half are like "yeah whatever. i'll see how this goes for a while"
Some end up loving what they do, about half (and people from both groups) end up changing.
or finishing and then picking up masters in something TOTALLY different.
I study engineering, and will graduate the end of this year, half the people in engineering don't even want to be engineers anymore!

Also according to my careers advisor at school, the average person changes career like 5 times in their life!
So just keep opening doors to for yourself until you find something you really really passionately enjoy.
and then you will be happy doing it for the rest of your life!

Iamscrewed

HSC
Ahh whatever, the application with them is easy but they will always have one rule with them - i.e. "Pay the processing fee only if you will give enough time for the institutions to consider your preferences to receive an offer"

Why do I say that? Because I HAVE been considered for my preferences since I "applied" (without payment) beforee the due date (wherever it is in the uac site) and I WAS going to pay the fee (except not immediately) AFTER that due date somewhere (Which would've gave them a few days to process my money?) to get an offer if I was eligible..but noo, I guess its too late now so whatever .. :bomb:

I guess I have been a rule breaker but I didn't know their rules that well.. but still, having less than 1 week and a half or so to make a decision of wanting to do your right course if you applied a little late with a charge of a late fee is not enough time to make an inform and decisive decision!

Last edited:

Iamscrewed

HSC
My first posts says it all

I have thought about it to which I believe that the whole application thing for everyone all sounds like and is an ambigous (spelling?) case..

cxlxoxk

HSC
I have thought about it to which I believe that the whole application thing for everyone all sounds like and is an ambigous (spelling?) case..
Not bagging you out, but does anyone understand that sentence? Or is it just me, being as stupid as I am, that can't understand it?

It's mumbo jumbo English to me. Maybe i'm just tired.

Last edited:

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
That's why you just apply, then decide after you have been offered (or not offered) places. Just because you receive an offer, doesn't mean you HAVE to go......

edit: typo

bryandawn

HSC
N/A
Don't stress too much over it, it's just uni; wait till the mid year intake, it's only a few months (maybe it will open in April? May?) away!

Next time, be sure to log on UAC website early, apply early so you don't have to pay a late fee, and then choose whatever your preference is, after you pay all your application fee, you will have plenty of time to change your preference.

HSC
Believe it or not going to uni straight after school or not is not the defining moment of your life. It is not the ultimate decision time which will govern the rest of your existence.
In fact, it represents only one minor decision in the greater scheme of things.

YOU are way too stressed. Calm down. Relax. Stop worrying about it. Think.
So you didn't apply properly and hence did not get a uni offer (that is the impression I get from this thread). This is not the end of the world. You won't be going to uni for at least the first half of this year. Why not see it as an opportunity? Perhaps work full time and see how you like it. Maybe do a few short courses at tafe in some different areas to see what you like. This might be useful if you don't know what you want to study or do as a career, as it will give you a taste of a number of different pathways and you can see how you like them. Maybe do some backpacking/travelling, or apply for a volunteer travel experience such as Camp America, or volunteering in a third world country. Don't you see that having some time off will actually give you a chance to explore what you might want to do in the future?

You can apply for midyear entry this year, or what until the end of the year and apply as a Mature Age (Non Year 12) applicant to university for next year. Learn from the mistake you made and next time you won't miss the application dead lines.

There are so many things you can do now, so don't waste the next few months wallowing in sorrow about having not got into uni. In fact, you could even go to university lectures (this is possible in most large degrees - arts, science, engineering etc) and see what you like.

This is not the end of the world, and now there are tonnes of things you can do to fill in the time before you reapply for uni, or which might show you that uni isn't even what you want to do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)