I Am Scared. (1 Viewer)

vanessal

HSC
is anyone else scared ? im doing my hsc this year .. IM REALLY SCARED. a little voice is telling me inside that the hsc is totally over rated. IM STILL SCARED ! :rofl:

AAAAAAARGH

HSC
vanessal said:
is anyone else scared ? im doing my hsc this year .. IM REALLY SCARED. a little voice is telling me inside that the hsc is totally over rated. IM STILL SCARED ! :rofl:

AAAAAAARGH
hey, i was like that too. me and my friend were like.. lets jump off a brigde,.. BUT nnow.. ive finsihed.. got into my cousre.... and hes still in korea!!..

BUT yeah it is overated... i didnt study much for the hsc. but i totally freaked out for the trials...

but yeah NOW im scared of UNIIIIIIIIIII.... if u need someone to talk.. PM me...

haha.. dont worry u'll do fine...

since now, ive finsihed i can bragg... that they should kill the HSC> i cant believe that people are taking there lives for it.. i mean.. shouldnt the gov. rethink the hsc... casue its not good for ppl to commit suicide. But then those ppl we must look up to.. .. rip the 2006 hscer... sighs.

tC.

Last edited:

cupcake08

HSC
exactly. yr 12 is the year to party hard while you still can!

work once you get to uni :p

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Hey, don't worry about it - trust me!

The HSC is not the end of the world, even if you screw up there are sooo many other options out there to get where you want to go. All you can do is go in there and try your best :)

One you get to uni, or into work, tafe etc after Year 12 the HSC is about as overrated as the school certificate! Hope that helps you put it into perspective. There is wayy too much pressure put on kids during the HSC, try to block it all out and just focus on yourself. Enjoy your last year of high school - that's the MOST important part!! :p

I agree with lilkiwicutie89, I am now sooo terrifed of uni, its making me feel kinda sick :/

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
One you get to uni, or into work, tafe etc after Year 12 the HSC is about as overrated as the school certificate!
Haha slow down....the SC wasn't overrated...I dont think it was rated at all that much to be honest!! hahaha

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
watatank said:
Haha slow down....the SC wasn't overrated...I dont think it was rated at all that much to be honest!! hahaha
I remember the seniors telling us it was a joke which tured out to be true but the teachers really hyped it up. We even did past papers and stuff. I remember me and my friend had a competition going in HIstory to see who could successfull finish their History SC trial without even looking at the paper aka "touch writing". That's how serious it was. :)

IceOnFire

HSC
Meh.. HSC

If you screw it you screw it. If you didn't make it to uni then go to TAFE.

There are heeps of opportunities as well as obstables in the world. HSC is just the beginning.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i'm excited for uni! =D

as for being scared, u really shouldn't be scared. there's nothing to be scared about now. just think of it like this; a regular year of highschool, where ur trying to get the best possibel results.

eh, if u need ne help don't hestitate to ask! =D

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
watatank said:
Actually it was haha. I even missed the second half of year 10 and didn't even sit the SC but I still remember all the hype created by teachers "this is your school certificate year, blah blah, these exams are very important" and the way everyone was stressing over it and comparing results.

It was actually kind of funny to sit back and watch since it wasnt like it was the HSC or anything :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
IceOnFire said:
Meh.. HSC

If you screw it you screw it. If you didn't make it to uni then go to TAFE.
So you can't\shouldn't go to tafe even if you are accepted into uni. You have to remember that not everyone wants or needs to go to university. What about trades people who might make it into uni but simply don't need to go the world needs those people and they can be very successful and for the most part self made.

As for the OP I guess everything that we say won't mean much until you have actually experienced it yourself. You have already completed one term of year 12 (HSC) so at least think that you have accomplished one stage in your education.

The HSC is exactly what you make it. You have the freedom to decide how much or how little effort you are going to put in, however the one thing year 12 isn't is study, study, study. Don't get me wrong that is important but it is more about achieving that perfect balance between study\work and play.

HSC
shinji said:
i'm excited for uni! =D

as for being scared, u really shouldn't be scared. there's nothing to be scared about now. just think of it like this; a regular year of highschool, where ur trying to get the best possibel results.

eh, if u need ne help don't hestitate to ask! =D

OMG im scared of uni ...

i heard that uni ppl arent as friendly as our fellow highschoolers ..

BUT yeahh skool cet was OVERATED! and HSC...

angeee

HSC
Everything always seems easier when you look back at it, not when you're actually doing it! i'm freaked about the hsc as well but it's best to take it as it comes and don't get too ahead of ourselves.

HSC
WEll maybe there was some importances placed on the SC...if there was I dont remember....maybe its because I have finished both the SC and the HSC that the SC seems so long ago that it doesnt really register how much seirousness was placed on it.

Gangles.McGee said:
Many people have told me it is over rated, but I think they only realise that after they've finished it.
As will you.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
just try to stay within the "smart" section of the class in terms of rankings, get the EAS/interview/whatever helps gets you into desired course (err....but try not to abuse the system), study your ass off 2 weeks before the trials, relax, study hard again 1.5 months before the hsc, relax, get bored, relax somemore, freak out over your results, get your results:

from this point on you either get into your course, get into a different but equally desired course, get into a less desired course /uni and transfer next year, get into the DFEE for your desired course, go to TAFE or get a job and earn a good +$100k with some bonus experience before anyone else even finishes their degree.

the HSC is overrated as long as youre not aiming for one of the +95 cutoff courses then you shouldnt be stressing too much. remember, the UAI cutoffs are all about demand, theres no point stressing over over-achievers who are aiming for medicine and pharmacy when you just want to study at a campus 5 minutes walk from your place doing a course with a cutoff of 70. most of my friends didnt quite make it to where they wanted to go and just ended up at UWS, spending another few minutes travelling to a less prestigous uni. another was quite disappointed with his results (he did put in a fair amount of effort) and decided to just enter the workforce instead.

barely worth killing yourself over.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Yeah, me - i'm heaps worried about it. I'm afraid that i won't get the result that i want, especially considering the racist teachers at my school.

But yeah, take it easy and relax. Enjoy learning, and you'll do great. There's always cartoons and Chappele's Show to cheer me up!

Freakster01

HSC
mmm.. i owe my pe teacher a band 6 in pdh/pe and she will literally kill me if i dont ><!! she scares the hell out of me sometimes ><!! ahhhh.. o wellz.. i will survive, just hoping i'll get into uni haha..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)