• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I Am Scared. (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
not all of us are talented:p

cupcake08 said:
nahh it seems like 90% of the bos population could get into uni off sheer talent and intellect.

but if not i guess maybe a little work in year 12 could be useful...unless you do policing at western sydney or something? haha

HSC
vanessal said:
HAHA. yeah. same.
growing up in your typical asian household adds to a lot of the pressure, especially when your parents start recouting their days back in asia, how they had to walk a million miles just to recive an education, and how they wanted to study hard but lacked the funds ..

mer, thanks for the pep talks =)
:bomb:

:wave: =)

agreed

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
vanessal said:
is anyone else scared ? im doing my hsc this year .. IM REALLY SCARED. a little voice is telling me inside that the hsc is totally over rated. IM STILL SCARED ! :rofl:

AAAAAAARGH
I know i have said this in otehr threads and i am sorry if ppl are reading smae thing again but DONT STRESS!! i know it is hypocritical coz i did but i gave up being scared b4 the hsc and i actually enjoyed the experiance...sounds crazy but its true enjoy the ride..It is just the lable of the hsc that is scaring u and everyone fr that matter.

The hsc is overrated the exams arent that hard they are like eveyr other exam u have ever done.

Freakster01

HSC
MUMMY!! ><!! lol.. easy for you to say.. you've finished your hsc ><!! someone kill me!! haha

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Freakster01 said:
MUMMY!! ><!! lol.. easy for you to say.. you've finished your hsc ><!! someone kill me!! haha
awww,, poor philly!!!: P hahah

i agree with dion.
i stopped being "nervous" bout the hsc.

what i thought:
"what i get is what i deserve, and if its not enough to get into my wanted course, there are other ways. If it does, hooray for me."

i just couldn't be bothered worrying about the hsc.
besides the days before the actual exams. =p

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
You shouldn't be, let me just say this: The HSC is a joke, even the supervisers treat it like one when they will politely tell the person behind you to shhh after he is tapping his table and kicking your chair, (too much paper work) and even supervisers are afraid to admit that the system is being used inappropriately with 'special provisions', in fear of losing their job.

Even having obtained your UAI the universities just hand pick students anyway. Although it is good to get a the best UAI you can, with layed out study and breaks. Remember studying is only effective for 40 minutes as understanding increases, but recall decreases after 40 minutes until it is no longer viable, that is why I suggest 2 hour study sessions with 30 minute sessions and a 5 minute break.

Someone told me that the HSC was not worth stressing over so much and having done it I agree and you will to.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
The HSC is big, that's for sure, but don't stress - it's your last year of underage drinking, c'mon.

Shortbreads

HSC
...it's your last year of underage drinking, c'mon.
Hehe. Better drink up! It'll be legal next year, and there's no fun in that. :p

I'm getting through this year by thinking that I'm not the first person to do the HSC. Plenty of people have gone through the tomfoolery of it all before.

And some of them have managed to come out normal and well adjusted.

I know, crazy thought eh? :p

jaaaaay

HSC
bringbackshred said:
The HSC is big, that's for sure, but don't stress - it's your last year of underage drinking, c'mon.
what an excellent attitude to have for year 12... lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
jaaaaay said:
what an excellent attitude to have for year 12... lol
yep. better than stressing / being scared =]

:D

so relaxxxx, go out, chill. and stuff. =]

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
pritnep said:
So you can't\shouldn't go to tafe even if you are accepted into uni. You have to remember that not everyone wants or needs to go to university. What about trades people who might make it into uni but simply don't need to go the world needs those people and they can be very successful and for the most part self made.

As for the OP I guess everything that we say won't mean much until you have actually experienced it yourself. You have already completed one term of year 12 (HSC) so at least think that you have accomplished one stage in your education.

The HSC is exactly what you make it. You have the freedom to decide how much or how little effort you are going to put in, however the one thing year 12 isn't is study, study, study. Don't get me wrong that is important but it is more about achieving that perfect balance between study\work and play.[/quote]

then i think i need more marsbars :(

bmwz4

HSC
its not the actual process of hsc thats frightening its the final exam period that freaks me out all those creepy supervisors etc

tempco

HSC
Those people who've done the HSC and say its overrated did the hard yards to get into the course they wanted to. Those who screwed up say the HSC is overrated to help them deal with their insecurities and regrets of not putting in the hard yards. LOLOL CONUNDRUM.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
bmwz4 said:
its not the actual process of hsc thats frightening its the final exam period that freaks me out all those creepy supervisors etc
?
For me i LIVE for the external examinations...
you get 3 weeks off to just study for them...
no school, no assessments, nothing.

For me, the hardest part willl be keeping my marks consistently good, trying to juggle having to attend school, study and complete assessments simultaneously....

I am scared of that day when i log onto the net
and get 80.
[and before i am attacked..
80 is not a bad mark, but i have ultrahigh expectations...]
AND i have an asian mother...
:p

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
bmwz4 said:
Our supervisors were really friendly. Just like our normal school ones, actually.

The HSC exams are really just like every other exam, except that you have to write out your student and centre numbers about fifty thousand goddamn times for every paper. Don't get too stressed about them.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
bmwz4 said:
They're not that bad, all my friends thought they were actually really nice. Lots of them are parents that have kids at the school as well. :)

My supervisor (i had separate supervision) was really nice & made me feel really calm during my exams.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I had a really nice guy when I did Reader-Writer last year - he sat there and offered me magazines to read while I was waiting for my student to finish their essay:):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)