I am stuck in a hole here help! (1 Viewer)

lackylol

HSC
N/A
Hey peeps, so basically this is my situation. my atar is 96.3 and i got +5 bonus points at unsw from hsc plus. I want to go to ANU with my mate but I'm not sure if he will make it and we want to do the same course. the cut off is 96. So basically i will make it if i put it as my first preference. But in the situation that he doesn't make it, i dont want to go to anu alone. At that time i will have to delete my first preference and put my second preference which is 95 cut off course for late round/final round offers. What are the chances of me making it in the 95 course (med science) as i am very afraid i will be trapped to go anu because i dont get off to med science afterwards. THEN I WILL DIE ALONE!!!! HALPPSS!
thanks.

SayWut

HSC
It's quite hard to understand what you're saying.

-Why doesn't your mate have his ATAR? Is he in the year below or something?
-If you got 96.3 then of course you will make the 95 cut off...
-There is NO way you're going to be lonered at uni, you meet a bajillion new people, just be friendly =)

lackylol

HSC
N/A
ye i know my atar is well above 95 but in the late round if it is full eg commerce at unsw then its over for me??
2. my mate got his atar but its slightly below cutoff and he has eas so his not sure.
ty for reply.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Ok, places in MedSc at UNSW/USyd are very competitive so you may not get an offer in the late/final round because there might be no places to give. Your safest bet is to go for it in the main round.

Can you try convince your friend to go to the same uni as your original first choice instead of ANU?

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
From memory science in general is a high priority course at the moment so chances are you should be able to make the course, i'm not too sure about med sci but i think you should consider adv sci, as this generally will have places for sure and the cutoff is generally 95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)