I applied for a job today (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
So yeah, I found a job in the paper for a waitsperson/kitchenhand and rang up for it, the lady on the fone asked how much experiance did I have, so I told her my experiance (1week work experiance in a cafe, 1.5yrs hospitality at school, waitsperson certificate, and baristas certificate). I got told I didnt have enough experiance.

How the fuck does one gain experiance if they cant get a job?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
lol...i could see that...i dont know..work somewhere for free...then you will have experience..

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
miss_gtr said:
maybe they lie cuz they dont want u, or ur too old.. (they want young ones)
maybe she thought u were lying about your experience.
It was for a bistro in a pub, so I dont think I could be too old, seeing as tho I just turned 18.
but why would I want to lie about my experiance?

how many people do lie about their experiance?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
mr_brightside said:
lol...i could see that...i dont know..work somewhere for free...then you will have experience..
I did work experiance, thats working for free.

sugared plum

HSC
yeah i was thinking about how unfair it is.

it just perpetuates the employed & unemployed cycle, cos people get experience working for thier parents etc.

just go on the dole and do voluntary work in the meantime then you will have money and experience.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
it's experience.
and maybe they just want people with "outside" paid experience.. (not like school stuff) ?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
I think job ads should start putting in what type of experiance they are after.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
How the fuck does one gain experiance if they cant get a job?
By starting at the bottom, get a job at maccas or somewhere equally as shitty. This is the main reason why I think people should get a a job at maccas for a year or two while they're young.

I always laugh at people who can't get jobs these days, but always thought it was funny when I had to do shitty stuff at maccas while I was younger.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
There are places around that provide full training and don't require experience, u just gotta find them

get_born

i filled in an application for franklins... and the store manager told me she would give me a call on friday...she never called, does that mean im jobless still?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
1week work experiance in a cafe, 1.5yrs hospitality at school, waitsperson certificate, and baristas certificate..
Maybe because you haven't actually WORKED.... anywhere!!!
Work for a year in fast food, or a small cafe. You can't just walk up to some fancy bar or whatever and get a job cuz u did hospitality and shit..

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
jumb said:
By starting at the bottom, get a job at maccas or somewhere equally as shitty. This is the main reason why I think people should get a a job at maccas for a year or two while they're young.

I always laugh at people who can't get jobs these days, but always thought it was funny when I had to do shitty stuff at maccas while I was younger.
how many 18yr olds do maccas hire if they dont want to be a manager?
I filled in the application for 4differnt maccas early last year and none of them rang back so I said maccas can go get fucked and didnt go to maccas for two months.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Maybe because you haven't actually WORKED.... anywhere!!!
Work for a year in fast food, or a small cafe. You can't just walk up to some fancy bar or whatever and get a job cuz u did hospitality and shit..
Well its a bit hard when no one has hired me.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
Well its a bit hard when no one has hired me.
Listen to me again.
"Work for a year in fast food, or a small cafe."

You can't just go for the more 'flashy' jobs in the bigger establishments straight away, they're after REAL experience.

If you're claiming u can't get a job at a maccas or a small cafe or whatever I say you're full of it, or maybe I just live in a 'booming' town...
Crappy fast food joints etc are after people of ANY age.

Last edited:

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Listen to me again.
"Work for a year in fast food, or a small cafe."

You can't just go for the more 'flashy' jobs in the bigger establishments straight away, they're after REAL experience.
ive applied for jobs in fast food joints and in small cafes, but no one has hired me.
the furthest ive ever gotten is some group interview for a small cafe thats around the corner from where I live.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well keep trying, don't even attempt to get a job at these bigger joints.
I find it hard to believe no one would hire you for ANY work, I kno people who are basically dysfunctional retards that have been given a manager job at maccas/redrooster...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
mmm_sofay said:
ive applied for jobs in fast food joints and in small cafes, but no one has hired me.
the furthest ive ever gotten is some group interview for a small cafe thats around the corner from where I live.
just try small cafes.
i was trying for about 3 month and got notihng. then one day i got a job and in the next 2 weeks i got 3 phone calls asking if they wanted me to work, i wish i told then "u lost yuor chance cuase u waited too long to call me, now fuk off" haha

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
this one time i called up to apply for a cafe and this chick goes what experience u got, and i was telliung the truth but just stumbled abit when i talked and she didnt believe me and started getting details, such as where its located and how long i worked and what type of stuff did i do there. i told the bitch and she saisd i am not good enough anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)