i can’t study (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Would you consider UOW a good uni in terms of social life, opportunities, etc.?
I would like to reiterate the point made by @uniqueusername1 that your own performance throughout your time at university (results + GPA/WAM) is an important thing to consider, particularly if you wish to have access to professional opportunities, such as internships, that allow you to gain experience prior to graduating and hence makes it easier for you to access employment opportunities upon graduation.

I have a friend who completed his first year at the University of Wollongong then transferred to Macquarie University to study a particular degree that he felt he was more into. I will note that he is a very sociable person, and that based on this, his experience of the social life aspect at UoW was a positive one. To experience the social life aspect to the greatest extent (this applies to any university), you can also join clubs and other student groups at the university you attend. UoW has over 120 student-run clubs and societies and this definitely sounds promising! There is a high chance that you will be able to make a lot of friends and have a great time at university in general by engaging as such.

I hope this helps! 😄

uniqueusername1

HSC
I would like to reiterate the point made by @uniqueusername1 that your own performance throughout your time at university (results + GPA/WAM) is an important thing to consider, particularly if you wish to have access to professional opportunities, such as internships, that allow you to gain experience prior to graduating and hence makes it easier for you to access employment opportunities upon graduation.

I have a friend who completed his first year at the University of Wollongong then transferred to Macquarie University to study a particular degree that he felt he was more into. I will note that he is a very sociable person, and that based on this, his experience of the social life aspect at UoW was a positive one. To experience the social life aspect to the greatest extent (this applies to any university), you can also join clubs and other student groups at the university you attend. UoW has over 120 student-run clubs and societies and this definitely sounds promising! There is a high chance that you will be able to make a lot of friends and have a great time at university in general by engaging as such.

I hope this helps! 😄
Oh lol i thought she was taking about university of western Sydney haha.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you! This is super helpful! I'm considering living on campus as well so hopefully that should increase my social opportunities hehe 😁

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)