i cant believe it was so low! (1 Viewer)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
JUAI: 89.65
SAM: 90.35

UAI: 90.95

I was so shocked it went up (even as marginally as it did).

And being at a public school has nothing to do with it. I go to a regular old school in the south west and so far about 6 of us have gotten above 90 (including a 97, 98 and 99).

freaked

HSC
How do the other students in my school affect my score.
There was only one other person who did as well as me and the rest of the class was pretty low. Is that why my assessment mark was lower than the mark the school sent in?

abhyash

HSC
hey freaked. i got a score similar to yours. could you post down what hsc mark u got for each subject?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The reason why marks go down every year is because teachers start to perfect how to teach the hsc material, students start to gain access to more material on the matter, and thus the average marks keep increasing.

reprise

freaked said:
How do the other students in my school affect my score.
There was only one other person who did as well as me and the rest of the class was pretty low. Is that why my assessment mark was lower than the mark the school sent in?
The performance of your peers in the external exam determines whether your internal result is moderated up or down. Soft assessment marking on the part of the school or bad performance by the group as a whole on the external exam can both result in the marks being moderated down.

freaked

HSC
abhyash said:
hey freaked. i got a score similar to yours. could you post down what hsc mark u got for each subject?
English (standard) 62 3
General Maths 80 5
PDHPE 70 4
Senior Science 84 5
Soc & Cult. 59 2

How about you?

abhyash

HSC
D&T 71
Standard English 64
General Maths 78
French 78
IT 62

UAI: 47.60 :(

but i havent lost hope yet. im gonna try for computing in some unis in melb and hope they dont fill up quickly. if everything fails, i'll do hsc again at tafe for 1 year then go to uni. i really hope it as simple as i just said. i hope you turn out the same :)

reprise

abhyash said:
D&T 71
Standard English 64
General Maths 78
French 78
IT 62

UAI: 47.60 :(

but i havent lost hope yet. im gonna try for computing in some unis in melb and hope they dont fill up quickly. if everything fails, i'll do hsc again at tafe for 1 year then go to uni. i really hope it as simple as i just said. i hope you turn out the same :)
If there was a particular uni course you had in mind, see if they offer a university prep course through Open Learning or similar as well. It's often a good alternative to redoing the HSC.

Xenocide

HSC
Sam: 99.95
Actual: 99.95

I think the discrepancies between SAM and the actual uai increases as the UAI gets lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)