I don't know if I should drop Physics... (1 Viewer)

Weyoun

sorry if my approach seems a little simplistic, but that's how I see it. If we can work off foundations (Michelson-morley experiment, the speed of light is constant for all observers) and derive an expression for something else, I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I haven't just rope learnt the lorentz transformations, but I can't think of a better way to explain it. A constant speed of light AUTOMATICALLY results in relativity, as indicated by the transformation formulae

gabitive

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your help people...
I remember understanding it in class when the teacher was explaining it...
I'll look at the textbook are few times

and if i dont' get it...
i'll come back here again =)

houchiiii

hi!!!

how u doin???

dont worry i know physics is like the wooooooooooooorst subject!!

i regret doing it so badly

but i've only got 11 units so it looks like im gonna have to stick it out

i reckon if your having difficulty with it just drop

a group of 10 solid units is better than a lousy 12, at least you can put more energy and time into studying for your other subjects - - - anyways good luck wif deciding

p.s you could just sit for the exam they take your best 10 units anyway so really you have nothing to lose either way

good luck

peace.

gabitive

HSC
N/A
interesting or boring
worst or not worst
once you understand it
physics is pretty much like every other subject
just apply the knowledge you have learnt and remembered...

it's just the understanding bit that causes problems =\

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
my suggestion is USE THE SYLLABUS!

and its never too late to make notes...hell, it mite be better for ur understanding to start takin notes on the whole course since its basically finished

wen taking notes, have the syllabus handy, so u can refer to the dot points "Students learn about"
find those dot points in the texts (I use Excel and Macmillan) and write down as much as u need for u to understand the concept

after u have a complete set of notes (and understand as much as u can) grab a Success One book and do the questions!
especially those b*tch 8 mark ones...!

Last edited:

SuperNova

Physics i can say is the most interesting subject im studying
but don't you guys think the stupid board of studies ruined everything
1. took away the calculations
2. made up those words like assess. like we need to when we finish this course:mad:

sunny

meh.
HSC
But you gotta admit, you have to love "identify" and "recognise". It only involves the complex task of rewording the syllabus point so it reads like a statement.

Weyoun

heh, I can see that as a connection between many subjects actually, the maths exams in particular :)

Prove that n > 0 for all positive, nonzero integers n

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Actually you'll go through all those sorts of proofs if you decide to do maths at university. :p

Weyoun

Oh god... and I thought the Maths Extension 2 inequalities were difficult... :)

ben

i don't mind the assess... i just hate how the board of studies have tried to take all these complex things in real life and simplify them to "our standard" - but still say it's exactly how it works.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
ok well...i've decided to hav a say in this
physics is interesting and u jus gotta spend time to understand it.
i honestly dunno y i'm doin it.. becos i never listen in class and i never do any work hehe.. which is BAD!! so rite now i'm sooo behind.. but i am tryin........to revise and do summaries so i can b up to date when skool starts again
i use excel and macmillians but i'm more keen on excel cos its easier to understand and less confusing macmillians is alrite.. the jacaranda one hmm.. its kinda too deep for me haha.. but i use it sometimes..
hmm..... whatelse can i say? astrophysics is good :D

ben

Anyone use Physics in Context? I use it and Excel.

It seems as if Physics in Context is 99% Background-Information when you use it with the syallabus!

Weyoun

Yes ben, our class uses some notes from Physics in context. For our option topic we're using copied notes from that book instead of macmillan for the simple reason that we find the latter vague, and medical physics wasn't included in Jacaranda. I have always found their stuff comprehensive and relatively well written

Morgues

Well I use the Excel and Jacaranda, is the Macmillan one worth buying as well or are the former 2 enough?

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
nah i dont think so..
our skool provides us wit the macmillian textbook..and we hardly ever use it. my teacher photocopies stuff from other resources haha.. one of them including the jacaranda book.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
macmillan is useless if u completley dun understand a concept
use excel first, to gain an understanding, then macmillian to re-enforce
yes our skool is provided with macmillian, but our teacher has copies of excel, context, spotlight and jacaranda in his room

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
watz spotlight? never heard of that one :p

hmm.. i need to start my phy6s assessment.. jus to let u's know haha.. i'm too lazy.. whats the bet i leave it to the last min... AGAIN! whats new hey?!

stay cool :cool: l8rz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)