"I don't read club" (1 Viewer)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I've been looking over at the book club forum but as I haven't read a book in about a year I really can not relate. What are some good recommendations from my fellow illiterates out there? I'm talking movies, shows, youtube videos. My recommendation is Beef, on Netflix. I haven't finished it (am up to about ep 5) but I can say it is very good. For a brief synopsis, it's about a failing handyman and a well-to-do housewife who meet each other in a road rage incident that brings chaos into their lives. It's classic A24, being deeply personal, having themes of inequality and failing relationships, and is very funny.

1697623581051.png

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Did you get a book for common mod?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
same and its making me struggle so hard to read 1984. you should definitely watch now you see me movies, its so good but they have been saying a third movie will come out for the past 8 years or so...
I've read 1984 and I think I'd have to place it at one of my all time favourites. The way it messes in the end with the torture and eventual conforming of Winston you really makes you think. Now that I'm thinking about it I've read more books this year than I initially thought. In retrospect I've actually read Prince Harry's Biography, the Big Short - Inside the Doomsday Machine, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Norweigan Wood and Animal Farm (a prescribed text) since this time last year.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I've read 1984 and I think I'd have to place it at one of my all time favourites. The way it messes in the end with the torture and eventual conforming of Winston you really makes you think. Now that I'm thinking about it I do read more books than I think. In retrospect I've actually read Prince Harry's Biography, the Big Short - Inside the Doomsday Machine, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Norweigan Wood and Animal Farm (a prescribed text) within the span of a year.
I can't believe you read the biography 💀💀 I read Norwegian wood, it was alright, but I still don't get the hype surrounding murakami

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I can't believe you read the biography 💀💀 I read Norwegian wood, it was alright, but I still don't get the hype surrounding murakami
Spare lived up to all the memes. Norweigan Wood was ok but a little mid. That's the only Murakami book I've read and if they all have weird ass protagonists like Norweigan Wood then I think I'll have to pass. Most of these books I read in my America trip in the mid-year holidays so that's why I kind of forgot I read them.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Spare lived up to all the memes. Norweigan Wood was ok but a little mid. That's the only Murakami book I've read and if they all have weird ass protagonists like Norweigan Wood then I think I'll have to pass. Most of these books I read in my America trip in the mid-year holidays so that's why I kind of forgot I read them.
Have you watched Past Lives?

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
These twelve year old kinda besties who actually like each other that go one date and then the girl emigrates to the US and they randomly start video chatting when they're like 24

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
I kind of hated the movie I'm ngl

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
These twelve year old kinda besties who actually like each other that go one date and then the girl emigrates to the US and they randomly start video chatting when they're like 24
Ok. I'll add it to the list (if it's on Netflix).

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)