I fail @ life, LOL (1 Viewer)

annaisbored

HSC
Okayyy to keep it short...
I've been bludging. A lot. In maths. I have my half yearlies soon. I literally don't know anything. I have 12 units. My subjects are in my signature.

Should I even bother walking into the exam room when I know I'm gonna fail anyways? LOL :'D

I need maths for whatever I want to do in uni... but is it worth investing valuable time (at this point) in a subject I'm going to fail in anyways... rather than having an extra hour of studying per cycle? XD

Helpful feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

NewiJapper

HSC
I don't know exactly why your "LOL'ing" and "XD'ing" When you know that your going to fail a subject. It's kind of sad that you know you need Maths for University but you still don't study for it. My advice is that you should of put in the work early so that you wouldn't fail it.

As for going into the exam, i think going in and getting SOME kind of mark is better than getting a 0. Anything is better than a 0.

Pull your head in and try next time.

brendroid

HSC
I'm not sure, but do you think it's too late to get a tutor? Do you get on well with your Maths teacher? Maybe spend a little bit of free time during lunch or something going over some concepts :) that's what teachers are supposed to be there for - helping you get the best marks you can. Milk them for all of their mathematical knowledge. Get them to help you go better :)

annaisbored

HSC
NewiJapper:
And you think I'm feeling great about this? Lol, gees.
Perhaps I just don't feel like whining about it now at this stage.

Math's just isn't my forte. I'm not good at it. I consider it my extra 2 units. So there.

brendroid:
Haha, I've considered that... but I think it's too late. XD I don't think any tutors would want to accept any more year 12 students at this stage. D=
Hmm, maybe. She'll probably confront me later on about my half yearlies marks LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

And I'm er, multitasking. lol.

hood hood

HSC
well, to be honest your situation is similar to mine, i literally hate maths but what can you do if you need it for uni... what im doing is because i dislike the subject so much i have to study it more then my other subjects.. like now if im free i do a little bit of maths from my text book or if im not bothered i jst skim read the pages of my note book, im not saying give up on your other subjects just improve alittle bit more on your worst subject... dont just give up because if you dont try you will then be known as an epic faliure.. and im pretty sure you dont what that!!
and as you previously mentioned that you have 12 units maybe consider dropping maths and focus on your other subjects really hard or keep maths and drop another subject and during your frees study for maths :) hope i helped!!

annaisbored

HSC
@ hoodhood:
Horrah, someone to relate too. XD

Well, I was thinking I could do bridging courses later on... even though know it'll be super tough and all... but y'know, better than stuffing up the HSC year?

Ah xD That's what I was thinking. DROP MATHS, and focus on all of my other subjects. I posted here, 'cause I wanted to hear other people's opinions... so thanks for that!
I don't think I should try harder on maths-- because doing chemistry and physics... already requires a lot of time. @__@ If I lose more time on those two, I'll most likely do crappy/average in all of my subjects... (Not good, since I'm not as smart as some people on here :rolleyes:)

I derno, I guess I'll go with the "you'll never know unless you tried"? xDD
Sigh.

hood hood

HSC
@ hoodhood:
Horrah, someone to relate too. XD

Well, I was thinking I could do bridging courses later on... even though know it'll be super tough and all... but y'know, better than stuffing up the HSC year?

Ah xD That's what I was thinking. DROP MATHS, and focus on all of my other subjects. I posted here, 'cause I wanted to hear other people's opinions... so thanks for that!
I don't think I should try harder on maths-- because doing chemistry and physics... already requires a lot of time. @__@ If I lose more time on those two, I'll most likely do crappy/average in all of my subjects... (Not good, since I'm not as smart as some people on here :rolleyes:)

I derno, I guess I'll go with the "you'll never know unless you tried"? xDD
Sigh.
haha lol fair enough.. 12 units is good doesnt matter if you dont do well in one subject... hpe everything turns out good.... :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
12 units is good doesnt matter if you dont do well in one subject
Unless it's English.

I think you should just study. There are people that do 4U Maths along with Physics and Chemistry and they manage pretty well. Get the best marks you can in this half-yearly and then turn your results around afterwards.

Don't just give up. The HSC wasn't designed to be easy.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
well if you're gonna cram, make sure you do some test papers.

But really, you're doing physics and chem.. surely you can't struggle in something like 2 unit?

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Well unless the university course you plan to take offers extra ATAR points for relevant subjects, you could take the option of simply putting in a half-hearted effort in Maths and rely on your other units to carry you through. This only applies, however, if you're absolutely certain that you will either fail Maths or score an awfully low mark. Discounting Maths, you've chosen good subjects for the HSC and if your perform well in them, there's a good chance you'll achieve the ATAR you desire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)