I feel like a failure. (1 Viewer)

HSC
I start my HSC trials in another week and I don't think I am going to pass my trials or even get a good ATAR and have lost hope. I want to get an ATAR of 85. Is it still possible to attain if I do horrible in my HSC Trials? I didn't really study in the school holidays/during the first week of school and now I feel like a loser because of it.

After school, I plan on going to University for a Bachelor of Teaching and want to go to the Australian Defence Force after completing my course at University.

I have only got around to writing my English notes and quotes on Friday (22/7/22).

I put my marks in the HSC Ninja Calculator and it estimated my ATAR based off my school assessment percentages at around 50.00
Here are my current percentages for each subject:
English Standard: 47.50% 84/91
Mathematics Standard 1: 51.56% 6/13
Food Technology: 76% 11/13
Japanese Continuers: 57.14% 3/3
Economics: 46.15% 15/17

I have always had a problem with procrastination and now it is creeping up on me.

Last edited:

cossine

HSC
I start my HSC trials in another week and I don't think I am going to pass my trials or even get a good ATAR and have lost hope. I want to get an ATAR of 85. Is it still possible to attain if I do horrible in my HSC Trials? I didn't really study in the school holidays/during the first week of school and now I feel like a loser because of it.

After school, I plan on going to University for a Bachelor of Teaching and want to go to the Australian Defence Force after completing my course at University.

I have only got around to writing my English notes and quotes on Friday (22/7/22).

I put my marks in the HSC Ninja Calculator and it estimated my ATAR based off my school assessment percentages at around 50.00

I have always had a problem with procrastination and now it is creeping up on me.
TAFE

Ringo.X

HSC
Lol I feel u.
But hey it's not the end of the world, there's no use worrying abt whether or not you'll be able to get that 85 atar at this point cuz all u can do is try your best. For English I think you can prepare a prac essay for each text and ask for feedback from your teacher. And after refining those drafts you can memorise them and make them adaptable to exam questions.
Jap is probably harder to find an instant fix, but you can still improve by familiarising yourself with the grammar structures. You can put vocab on the side for now since you'll be provided a dictionary during the exam.
Maths is just maths. Can't do anything abt it other than trying past paper questions:(
Don't panic, just do as much as you can during next week. You might not be able to reach your goal but at least your atar won't be too horrendous. Good luck!

cossine

HSC
TAFE? So basically I'm stuffed?
TAFE is a pathway to a degree. There are also other pathways depending on what you are interested in e.g. UTS College. Do research.

Also nothing is stopping from completing an online degree. All the best.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

For the ATAR calculation you don't enter the percentages for your assessments. Basically you wanna check your rank, for example for Economics it's 15/17, then check how many band 6's or 5's etc that your school usually gets each year, then estimate your mark based off that. E.g. if your school usually gets 2 band 6s, 10 band 5s, and 5 band 4s, you can estimate a 78 to enter into HSC Ninja.

Also there's not much you can really do besides study as hard as possible with what time you have left to try salvage the situation. For example for trials you can try and revise the key sections/most common topics to try and collect as many marks as possible, then for the HSC you'll have time to learn content in depth + do more past papers. Even if the chance of obtaining an ATAR goal is low it's better than giving up and making that chance 0%.

HSC
For the ATAR calculation you don't enter the percentages for your assessments. Basically you wanna check your rank, for example for Economics it's 15/17, then check how many band 6's or 5's etc that your school usually gets each year, then estimate your mark based off that. E.g. if your school usually gets 2 band 6s, 10 band 5s, and 5 band 4s, you can estimate a 78 to enter into HSC Ninja.

Also there's not much you can really do besides study as hard as possible with what time you have left to try salvage the situation. For example for trials you can try and revise the key sections/most common topics to try and collect as many marks as possible, then for the HSC you'll have time to learn content in depth + do more past papers. Even if the chance of obtaining an ATAR goal is low it's better than giving up and making that chance 0%.
English Standard: 0
Maths Standard 1: 0
Japanese: 1 (I know the girl who got the band 6 last year, she did through NSL. I'm not.)
Food Tech: 4
Economics 2

How would I calculate it?

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
English Standard: 0
Maths Standard 1: 0
Japanese: 1 (I know the girl who got the band 6 last year, she did through NSL. I'm not.)
Food Tech: 4
Economics 2

How would I calculate it?
Sorry not 100% sure unless u know b5/b4/b3 stats

HSC
How’s Japanese continuers? I’ve always regretted not taking it. I heard from family friends that you have to remember an absurd amount of kanji
It's not absurd, but you do need it. From Year 10 to Year 11 Japanese, the subject got really hard. I was a B to A student in Year 10 with an extension 1 mark and now I only get straight C's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)