I feel like I failed my first assessments (time to rant) (1 Viewer)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Theres always room for improvement. Especially since the first assessments use have the least value ;)

Shuuya

HSC
Theres always room for improvement. Especially since the first assessments use have the least value ;)
Mhmm, I guess its better to fail the first exams rather than the trials or something xD

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone! So we got our first assessment marks about two weeks ago and I still haven't recovered completely. I feel like I didn't meet my expectations, and I definitely didn't fulfill my parents expectations. I've seen a few other threads like this but I just want to get some reassurance that my life isn't completely over. There was a pretty big range of marks, with people getting close to full marks, and others getting less than 50%. I think almost all of my ranks dropped since year 11, so right now I'm pretty upset.

Alright mate, lets think about this rationally.

1. Your life purpose isn't to fulfill parent's expectations, but it would be a bonus. Meet your own expectations and goals.

2. Shit happens. You did crap in one thing, but it doesn't mean there's a precedance for future results

3. Life is never over after flunking one thing. That's just you over reacting to a result.

AppleTea

HSC
I feel like I failed my first assessments
Mathematics: 95

well fuck me if this is a fail im deffo getting that *

Shuuya

HSC
Alright mate, lets think about this rationally.

1. Your life purpose isn't to fulfill parent's expectations, but it would be a bonus. Meet your own expectations and goals.

2. Shit happens. You did crap in one thing, but it doesn't mean there's a precedance for future results

3. Life is never over after flunking one thing. That's just you over reacting to a result.
Thanks for putting things into perspective! :D

Shuuya

HSC
I feel like I failed my first assessments

well fuck me if this is a fail im deffo getting that *
HAHA that's the only thing I didn't fail :lol:

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hey everyone! So we got our first assessment marks about two weeks ago and I still haven't recovered completely. I feel like I didn't meet my expectations, and I definitely didn't fulfill my parents expectations. I've seen a few other threads like this but I just want to get some reassurance that my life isn't completely over. There was a pretty big range of marks, with people getting close to full marks, and others getting less than 50%. I think almost all of my ranks dropped since year 11, so right now I'm pretty upset.

So here are my marks:

Mathematics Extension 1: 81
Advanced English: 70
Japanese Continuers: 88
Japanese Extension: (haven't done it get)
Chemistry: 83

Here are my marks for prelim for a bit of perspective:

Advanced English: 91
Mathematics: 97
Mathematics Extension 1: 47
Chemistry: 93
Japanese Continuers: 92

I'm aiming for 98+ ATAR... is this still realistic? :spzz:
Lots of people mess their first assessments up... I didn't... (but I really messed-up my second batch of assessments... ouch). The trick to getting good marks in the HSC is to work hard continuously throughout the year (but pace yourself of course) and keep hoping for the best marks but silently expecting the worst. Although arguably I could've done heaps better in the HSC, I managed to outperform all the ATAR estimates I had here on BoS... I was prepared to get an ATAR below 90 by the time HSC results were coming around.

I think 98+ is still achievable as you still have a significant amount of time before the HSC to turn your marks around and improve :) Don't define yourself by the marks you've been achieving/ have achieved... rather keep aiming higher and try to improve yourself after every exam!

Best of luck for your HSC! :D

Shuuya

HSC
Lots of people mess their first assessments up... I didn't... (but I really messed-up my second batch of assessments... ouch). The trick to getting good marks in the HSC is to work hard continuously throughout the year (but pace yourself of course) and keep hoping for the best marks but silently expecting the worst. Although arguably I could've done heaps better in the HSC, I managed to outperform all the ATAR estimates I had here on BoS... I was prepared to get an ATAR below 90 by the time HSC results were coming around.

I think 98+ is still achievable as you still have a significant amount of time before the HSC to turn your marks around and improve :) Don't define yourself by the marks you've been achieving/ have achieved... rather keep aiming higher and try to improve yourself after every exam!

Best of luck for your HSC! :D
Thanks for the advice! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)