I got 0 for economics... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tingha

HSC
Orrite...

Im sitting in the exam room (trials), 35 people do eco at my school, the bloke on my right, is using notes for his essays, he stuffed 'em in the question paper, and opens the question paper, when the teachers are looking the other way, he then throws the paper under my desk, and im helpless, the supervising teacher, immediatley cancels my paper.

Trials weighed 40%.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
OMG that is so bad

but i'm not sure there's much you can do. The old fogies have all the power. Maybe if you're a nice guy they'll give you a chance.

Well? Are you a nice guy? or one of them retards sitting in the back of the room, listening to mp3's and playing on ur mobile? Unbiased, my ass, all teachers have their favourites...

-P_D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Err doesn't make much sense because if you were cheating why would you place your notes under your desk where it is visable to everyone? I would've protested like hell.

Idiotic teachers, I see.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
if i got a zero, i'd be complaining until i get a mark. zero is absolutely rediculous, unless you cheated, which apparently you indicated you did not.

bored_of

HSC
N/A
That's terrible! Well, if it was handwritten, then that could be evidence against the other guy. If it was typed, then maybe it's still on his computer (although proving that would be a long shot). Maybe it had some handwritten notes somewhere, or in the font the other guy typically uses. Try to do the guilt trip thing to the other guy, and just don't stop protesting. Maybe get other people in your class to help you, and make sure those in charge know your side of the story. That's so unfair. Make sure your still being a 'good' student though, by doing your homework and stuff so the teachers more inclined to favour you

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm sure at least 1 other student nearby would have witnessed it, maybe you could try and get them to support you.

_BaadShah_

HSC
i was kinda in that situation. Got a 0 for my trials.
And it does impact on ur marks, all depends on how u went on your other assessments. I protested but to no use in the end.

But i killed my HSC exam and in the end assessment + hsc mark.. i got 75 for it. not bad considering i got a 0 for a 40% assessment.

I think you can appeal higher. If the principle doesn't listen to you, you can take it up higher then him. Forget what it was..

Fink tribunal or official protest to BOS. Something like that..
U can research on that..=)

neways. Seriously, protest.
if the guy threw it or wahever. The person behind you will surely have seen it. Get them and use them as witness.

It's 40% still worth a hell of a lot. DO something about it. Get off your arse. No use doing nothing and jeopardising your whole career.

HSC and then its freedom in Uni. If you want to get into a good uni like UNSW, UTS..etc then i would be really talking to the principal or vice principal.

You got once chance to get into a good uni. Or you can go into a s*** one and try transferring costing you $1000s for semester fees, etc.. Or you can repeat school again.

no pain no gain. Work at them. Research on the net about misconduct and how to appeal it, etc.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
Should've thrown your table and chair at the bastard. It's your marks and HSC to screw with, not his.

forevaunited

HSC
Not sure if this might sound a bit harsh, but it sounds as though your not actually telling the whole truth.

Personally I know that if i was caught in a situation like that I would protest it till the end, and usually a teacher will be able to notice whether a person is lying or not. Back it up with your story and surely there will be to support you. Giving up so easily on something like this would indicate to the teachers that you did indeed cheat. If u didn't - u gotta fight it

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Either way you just got owned ... remove your "PWNED" tag on your forehead and tell them teachers off, shit like this happens, I would be more than happy and angry at the same time to put up a fight ... with both the student and teachers if that happened to me

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
im not a violent person... but if iknew i was innocent... i wouldnt have taken it like u have mate... i would have deckd him/her out regardless... something like that is really really really bad... why didnt u swing at him/her?

just curious...

fishy89sg

HSC
oh my god 0? now i feel so guilty making a thread on my 72% for economics

hannahbanana

HSC
Get them to finger print it LOLOLOL. thats what i'd do i hate it when teachers dont listen to u. this kid (who is 2nd) cheated in nearly all his exams by putting the notes in his shoes and having a clear front folder next to him and they sed they HAD NO PROOF. so yeh its so unfair when they get away

Rebecca1234

HSC
You should write a petition and ask the teachers to refer your answers to the sheet in which you 'supposidly' cheated off. See if the info is the same as the notes and if not your in the clear!!!

muttiah

Banned
HSC
stop lying,,,, how could i guy throw the paper under ur desk... and u get caught and u dont even complain......

unless ur a scaredy cat

Uni

God made me cool
HSC
honestly now, there are so many ways around this

for starters i think the fact that u didnt get up and crack the fvcker over the head with your chair is a touch sus, but regardless....

-if the notes were hand written, you can compare handwriting

-if they weren't you can compare the kind of toner used to print the notes, OR the kind of font etc. as people tend to have a preferred method of formatting

-if the guy was using notes in his exam, he was probably not the brightest of people, so chances are the quality of the notes is rubbish, and will not compare in any way to your ability

-besides which, your writing style would also be different, and your method of writing notes

dead set, there are that many ways around this problem, i am absolutely amazed you havent been making more noise over this

Uni/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)