i got 30 uai can i still make it to UNI (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
what's your problem seriously? why don't you take into consideration how she feels at the moment instead of acting like arrogant fuck over the internet, which you BELIEVE you can be just because your behind a monitor.
She got under 30, seriously that puts her under the intelligence of a crap.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
chicky_pie said:
i pray to god i will, hopefully or its private college for me, excl. TAFE my parents wont let me go to that thing, so do i have any hope??? at my school i ranked in most of my subjects 5th i wonder how i got 30 for my UAI

she looks like one of those girls who hangs around lebs who love 50 cent and think they are black, you know the type that catch onto trends late, think they are original and go around impressing the bimbos who are also very late on almost everything (especially music), you know, umm the supre culture.

so yeah i can understand why she got a UAI below 30

lol @ the forum her sig links to 'fuck you and your click yo'

watch malibus most wanted again and take notice of the underlying message, THEY ARE MOCKING PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

fundamentally

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
She got under 30, seriously that puts her under the intelligence of a crap.
Not necessarily. Another possibility is:
Not too bright + lazy + didn't study + went to a lousy school

She is asking in another thread about factory jobs and TAFE places. That is probably what will happen to her. I can't imagine her coping at university.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
fundamentally said:
Not necessarily. Another possibility is:
Not too bright + lazy + didn't study + went to a lousy school

She is asking in another thread about factory jobs and TAFE places. That is probably what will happen to her. I can't imagine her coping at university.

she said her school ranked 5th in most subjects

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
but its a valid question ... like lots of ppl get fucked over cos the system insures that someones got to get UAI 30 or lower..

i know a couple of ppl with UAI 30 or under and they just werent mature enough to be in yr 12 at 18yrs.
..but after 2-3 yrs..TAFE working etc.. once at uni they do pretty well.. ones a science honours student heading for a PhD next yr..
cos they are working for what they are interested in rather than a set of subjects that are rote and dry and they got proper perspective now..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
her pictures + my stereotypes + her post = the assumption that she is serious.
or very elaborate troll?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
she looks like one of those girls who hangs around lebs who love 50 cent and think they are black, you know the type that catch onto trends late, think they are original and go around impressing the bimbos who are also very late on almost everything (especially music), you know, umm the supre culture.

watch malibus most wanted again and take notice of the underlying message, THEY ARE MOCKING PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
IT's funny because she actually works at supre.

¬_¬

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
>> at my school i ranked in most of my subjects 5th

I seriously think people are mistaking this person for a troll.. I mean, she very well could be, but it's still not nice to say this.. because there's a possibility that shes being serious.
I'm also sceptical about whether she is genuine or not- if you look at all her posts, there's a common theme (boyfriend issue, factory job, supre, etc..) which fits in with aforementioned stereotypes, but then there aren't that many posts and it could all 'just be an act'. I haven't bothered to check all her posts (by viewing posting history) but I wouldn't be surprised if most of these (8) posts are relatively new, and if her account is say... 6 months old, it would seem that this account was likely created for the purpose of viewing SAM or to post serious questions leading upto the HSC (possibly- that she is interested in her studies). Not to mention that this site is also a study-forum primarily, so it is unlikely someone with little/no interest in schooling would have registered here to begin with.

I think there is probably some truth to her story though- maybe she really does attend Bonnyrigg High, maybe she really does work at Supre, she possibly didn't go that well in the HSC, etc... but nonetheless, I'm still sceptical.

However, as Pointdexter (sorry I don't c&p your name) pointed out- this is still a valid question and there are people out there in similar situations who may or may not stumble upon this topic- and then we should also try to not make things worse for people who are already feeling the pinch of a low UAI.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
i know a couple of ppl with UAI 30 or under and they just werent mature enough to be in yr 12 at 18yrs.
..but after 2-3 yrs..TAFE working etc.. once at uni they do pretty well.. ones a science honours student heading for a PhD next yr..
cos they are working for what they are interested in rather than a set of subjects that are rote and dry and they got proper perspective now..
Exactly there were people in my school who weren't trying in year 12 and got kick out...I saw them 6 months later and they were so happy in tafe, doing really well and loving it...so if the person starting the thread is serious I wouldn't disregard tafe, sometimes its less structured environment can do wonders for people and your parents need an attitude adjustment, there is nothing wrong with tafe, it is not some whole you attend because you cant make it, besides they need to accept your limitations and be proud of you, find something you enjoy and work hard, you'll get there, uni isnt for everyone, often those with tafe qualifications like tradesmen can make more than those with uni qualifications.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
chicky_pie said:
i pray to god i will, hopefully or its private college for me, excl. TAFE my parents wont let me go to that thing, so do i have any hope??? at my school i ranked in most of my subjects 5th i wonder how i got 30 for my UAI
http://www.open.edu.au

Use FEE-HELP to pay for the subjects. That's your best bet. You'll have to do it via distance, but then you *could* always join as a visitor of various university libraries, and do research there.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
wow i get alot of heat in here..

1. i DO go to a shit school, last yr our school ranked 498th :rolleyes:
2. i work in supre because i want to earn something than do nothing
3. i dont hang with lebs, because they are all ignorant bastards hitting on young girls
4. im not doing TAFE im already enrolled into private college for 2006.
5. my marks for the hsc, lets see...i got around the 60's and 70's.. how can i be dumb?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:

wow i work in supre so i can earn something, sorry if i cant get a job in woolies, that link to my sig, well some1 told me to put it, so it doesnt link to no where except sum site and aint u in allhiphop.com's forum??? and ur 25 yrs old, so what u know about people doing their hsc last yr, and i dont hand with lebs, u sound like u wish u was born black :rolleyes:

Last edited:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
How retarded would you have to be to get 30? I am surprised that you have the ability to sit down on a chair let alone use the internet.

are you getting sensitive just like when you found out your mum wears bangles of blood everyweek in the washroom because of your birth...or when you found out boys dont have to vaccum their grandpas sacks out before he dies, commit that loser, you're come back being "you were lurking for 5 hours" and then posting some more hunch back proves you aint worth watery shit, calling me dumb, lmao hmm did you see my hsc results? no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)