I have a few questions in relation to doing well in the 2023 HSC. IPT and SDD question in here btw (1 Viewer)

Master117

HSC
Another question for anyone thats able to answer:
How much of the prelim content is tested in the HSC test, and how much prelim do i need to revise?
My subjects are Maths adv, English Standard, Physics, SDD, IPT and Ancient history.

carrotsss

HSC
Another question for anyone thats able to answer:
How much of the prelim content is tested in the HSC test, and how much prelim do i need to revise?
My subjects are Maths adv, English Standard, Physics, SDD, IPT and Ancient history.
For physics, you should try to do well and understand everything, module 1 and 2 transfer over a lot but some of the later stuff like thermodynamics isn’t too important. For English, the texts/modules themselves aren’t overly important but it is extremely important to develop your writing skills and get better at essays. For maths, pretty much everything carries over so it should be your top priority

Master117

HSC
Hi got an 89 in IPT and a 91 in SDD so I'll give my answers to your questions

1. The prelim content is kinda of a basis for the HSC so I feel like you can probably get away with not fully knowing the prelim content because most of the prelim stuff is covered in and built upon in the HSC course but personally knowing the prelim helped a lot as I found that I didn't have to learn content from scratch and I could instead build upon it.

2. For me personally I found the Sam Davis text book extremely useful for learning content however, for stuff like diagrams, and custom logic algorithms he won't really help. But the course specs will as they show an example of what your suppose to do with a legend for diagrams. So use the course specs for that stuff and also do practice questions and get them marked with feedback. This will allow you to know where you're going wrong in your algorithms/diagrams so you know where you should improve.

3. Personally I did not have a schedule so I won't comment on that. But I will say that you should do a somewhat even spread of your subjects as even though you may be good in one you should focus on it as you don't want to become rusty in that subject due to not practicing it.

4. I personally did detailed notes for sdd using the Sam Davis text book and also the course specs where I wrote down everything in dot points and also broke down each algorithm into what each line is doing and I also had examples of each diagram in there. Then I did trial/hsc papers and handed them into my teacher for marking/feedback which then allowed me to see where were my weak areas and what I should focus on. Also doing practice papers allowed me to see what type of questions could be asked in the HSC so I mostly knew what type of questions could be asked and how to answer them
For IPT I just kinda did practice papers but if your teacher is not really teaching you then I would recommend writing notes or try learning the content from somewhere else

Feel free to ask me more questions if any more pop up
I require assistance as i just found out that the TPS exam for ipt wasn't organised due to my teacher not teaching it at all. The exam was suppose to be next week now its two weeks from now and its essentially the trials but earlier. How do i effectively prepare for it with only two weeks notice.

Master117

HSC
I require assistance as i just found out that the TPS exam for ipt wasn't organised due to my teacher not teaching it at all. The exam was suppose to be next week now its two weeks from now and its essentially the trials but earlier. How do i effectively prepare for it with only two weeks notice.
From what the teacher organised so far we are doing communication, project management and multimedia but may include information systems / databases which has barely been taught, with a 200 page PowerPoint used on the board for us tom make notes on.

dav53521

HSC
Do you know what it's about as you can probably use Davis to carry you and I probably have my old workbook lying around although my writing is pretty incomprehensible though

Master117

HSC
Do you know what it's about as you can probably use Davis to carry you and I probably have my old workbook lying around although my writing is pretty incomprehensible though
That would be epic my writting is weird too haha. Its everything but tps haha. idk how she thought we were going to do tps but it seems we never gonna get to it.

Master117

HSC
This is the notification I have gotten today for reference. Any tips to survive this?

Attachments

dav53521

HSC
This is the notification I have gotten today for reference. Any tips to survive this?
I recommend knowing the content well so you can properly answer the question given because I found the IPT content to be quite easy when you actually learned it. But I will say that you should definitely practice answering short answer questions so you know how to properly answer the questions because you need to know firstly how to properly answer the keyword and address the scenario if it is a scenario question. For the multi-choice, I will say try to find the obviously wrong answers and then not consider them at all, which will help you narrow the answer down. Also, for multi choice just skip the questions you can't do and come back to them later once you have done all the other ones then go back to those questions. Also, read questions and scenarios carefully so you can ensure that you properly answer the question.

I might be able to dig up notes to give you, but my overall advice is to learn the content and practice questions as even if you know the content you need to demonstrate to the marker that you know the content and know how to answer the questions. But I will say that maybe ask some more people for their advice. Also I'll try to dig up some of my notes and stuff to help.

Master117

HSC
I recommend knowing the content well so you can properly answer the question given because I found the IPT content to be quite easy when you actually learned it. But I will say that you should definitely practice answering short answer questions so you know how to properly answer the questions because you need to know firstly how to properly answer the keyword and address the scenario if it is a scenario question. For the multi-choice, I will say try to find the obviously wrong answers and then not consider them at all, which will help you narrow the answer down. Also, for multi choice just skip the questions you can't do and come back to them later once you have done all the other ones then go back to those questions. Also, read questions and scenarios carefully so you can ensure that you properly answer the question.

I might be able to dig up notes to give you, but my overall advice is to learn the content and practice questions as even if you know the content you need to demonstrate to the marker that you know the content and know how to answer the questions. But I will say that maybe ask some more people for their advice. Also I'll try to dig up some of my notes and stuff to help.
Thanks man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)