I havent done real study all year, and have procrastinated my way through year 12... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Lah

HSC
N/A
And im still doing quite well, beating average in all my subjects. I dont know why, but almost every assignment i had i started the night before, sometimes i was up at 3 am and just beginning to start. The funny thing is, for a few of these i have gotten some really impressive results and a few topping my class. In previous years when i gave a damn i actually got 3rd aggregrate for DUX in my school, but this year i pretty much adopted a nonchalant, complacement attitude. When i had a whole free weekend, or holiday, to study or do an assignment, i dont do it till the early morning. There have been MANY days where i have not slept and came into school late to hand in an assignments, and most of the results I get are great - never below 80 for an assignment.

And i dont do any homework. This year for year 12, i think i have done about 10 hours study, most was the night before my mid course exams. All in all i dont do any school work or study on average at all. At school i dont pay attention either, i sleep in all my classes and have never have i read set English texts for years, yet i still top the exams for them.

Trials? I havent even started studying for them. Usually i read summaries and notes, no writing, the night before an exam, and i still end up in a position towards the top end in all my subjects. My subjects are:

3u Eng
Modern history
Business studies
General maths
history extension (I did SOME work on this, usually the night before the teacher wanted to see an update.)
2 unit SOR

So my point: What the hell is wrong with me?

icanjumppuddles

HSC
Dude, don't worry.
You're probably just one of those people who is extraordinarily smart and seriously underestimates themselves.
Because I'm almost the same:)
Except not quite as smart by the sound of it.
Be proud of it!:)

gracie007

HSC
yeh, im jealous, ur one of those freaks that dont even really need to study and u do really well. i know a lot of people like u. im a bit the same but i do need to be a bit of study. until now, for trials, i havent really done any, and ive been getting averge /above average for everything. but think of it this way: imagine if u DID study regularly! u'd be getting freak high marks.

oh by the way, by saying ur a 'freak' i dont mean it in a derogatory sense at all :)

sinist4

HSC
your lucky... there's nothing worng with that LOL
i'd say its a good thing, not working hard and getting really high marks, i wish i was like that :D, but instead i sit here trying to remeber my essay for tmr rofl...

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Re: I havent done real study all year, and have procrastinated my way through year 12

Look at your subjects. They're all BS. Business studies? All commerces are scourges of the world. Lucky you don't do any sciences! :p

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Re: I havent done real study all year, and have procrastinated my way through year 12

Mr Lah said:
And im still doing quite well, beating average in all my subjects. I dont know why, but almost every assignment i had i started the night before, sometimes i was up at 3 am and just beginning to start. The funny thing is, for a few of these i have gotten some really impressive results and a few topping my class. In previous years when i gave a damn i actually got 3rd aggregrate for DUX in my school, but this year i pretty much adopted a nonchalant, complacement attitude. When i had a whole free weekend, or holiday, to study or do an assignment, i dont do it till the early morning. There have been MANY days where i have not slept and came into school late to hand in an assignments, and most of the results I get are great - never below 80 for an assignment.

And i dont do any homework. This year for year 12, i think i have done about 10 hours study, most was the night before my mid course exams. All in all i dont do any school work or study on average at all. At school i dont pay attention either, i sleep in all my classes and have never have i read set English texts for years, yet i still top the exams for them.

Trials? I havent even started studying for them. Usually i read summaries and notes, no writing, the night before an exam, and i still end up in a position towards the top end in all my subjects. My subjects are:

3u Eng
Modern history
Business studies
General maths
history extension (I did SOME work on this, usually the night before the teacher wanted to see an update.)
2 unit SOR

Stfu.:)

Let us this is the person who also wrote in a thread for 2005 HSC

Re: UAC is open! Get your UAI now
Woot Woot

Uai: 99.75
Dude to put it lightly, the only thing wrong with you is that you're blantantly trying to get people to stroke your ego like a kitten. Either that or you're as blind as Gloucester in King Lear "I don't know what's wrong with me" pfft.

Saying that, good luck in the trials.

doobee

HSC
As a student who has natural ability and works hard to get the best marks poosible, I think you are crazy. Rather than wasting your time bragging about how good you are, you should be doing some work.
You ask "What's wrong with me?" What's wrong is that you have let your ego get in the way of your potential and have become lazy. Regardless of what you say, you can't do absolutely no work and jag the HSC in every subject. Youre going to fall on your face. And judging by your attitude, there will be plenty of people to laugh at you when it happens.
What upsets me is that people like you give high flyers such a bad reputation. I hate it when people imply that I don't work hard and really deserve my marks just because some people are lazy and don't deserve them.
Just do some work ok?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I've seen a similar case at my school.... a little shit who was younger than us all, in our grade, still managed to do brilliantly and he showed no tendancy to do work or homework or study at all.... photographic memory you could say.

shame now though, that we put in the effort and he remained the same over the years and slowly fellllllllllllll flat on his face.

now he realised that he needed to work. just in time too.... you Mr Lah, obviously have a long way to go.

Catwalk

HSC
yea i'm a bit like that. i dont study much at all but my rank is still really good. like you, i do all the bullshit subjects eg. english, business studies, eco. it's easy to just fluke assessments especially if we only have to write an essay. but now that trials are coming up im really regretting not studying harder. in the trial and hsc you actually have to know CONTENT and you cant just bluff your way through essays. there is so much to learn that its so hard to cram now. so, i wouldn't get too big-headed if i were you. im thinking that im probably going to bomb out now in the trials. hopefully that's gonna motivate me to study for the actual hsc.

Mr Lah

HSC
N/A

To the people flaming me, all i can say is get fucked. Im not flaunting the fact, nor am i proud of it. I have a serious problem with procrastination and concentration for studying, i want it to change but i just cant sit down and do work knowing that i can 'leave it' for another day, and the cycle continues.

And am i Asian? Hell no.

tempco

HSC

Mr Lah said:
To the people flaming me, all i can say is get fucked. Im not flaunting the fact, nor am i proud of it.
You didn't come across that way from your post.

Mr Lah said:
I have a serious problem with procrastination and concentration for studying, i want it to change but i just cant sit down and do work knowing that i can 'leave it' for another day, and the cycle continues.
Judging from what you've said, you lack motivation. Find something that motivates you to study, and you'll be willing to spend time studying in hopes of reaching your goal.

Mr Lah said:
And am i Asian? Hell no.
K Mr Lah.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Dear Mr Lah,

You've described me a year or two ago.
Problem is, you get TOO lazy.
And think, FUCK IT.
Im not in Uni. I got TOO lazy.

Sit down and do some work whilst you still can mate.

Luv,

mr_brightside

miss random

HSC
have u passed ur assessments, exams etc tho? cz if so i hate u lol i have a mate who did shit all thru his HSC year and still got a good UAI its not fair dammit!

McSo

HSC

Mr Lah said:

3u Eng
Modern history
Business studies
General maths
2 unit SOR

Summary: I'm a mad cunt, to be honest. Post your replies while I look at my 2m mirror and rub one off.

miss random

HSC

ha charming summary btw. I think ur 1 of those ppl who has a photographic memory ur lucky. Maybe u just have no motivation. Im gettin a bit like that tho lazy as all hell wen it comes 2 study cz i have NO IDEA wtf im gonna do next yr. i just sit chattin thru most of my classes. I got a 21/30 for an english assessment on Emma i still havnt read the whole book yet

zop

HSC
nah i can understnd wot he is saying...like im not very smart but ive always been able 2 not do any work and cruise along above the average mark....but now every1 else is goin up a level and studying and im finding it hard cauz i never used 2 study cauz i cruised...so i havnt found my rythm....its not something 2 b proud of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)