I lost the timetable (1 Viewer)

sly fly

HSC
Well actually, I didn't lose it, I gave it to my bro to take to the library and make copies of it and he ended up losing it :burn: .......so umm, this shouldn't be a big problem should it? I'm going to enrol tomorrow, hopefully they'll give me a new one then? I've written down what times I wanna have my classes on etc so it will just be a matter of filling it in the actual timetable...I hope.

oh btw, has anyone here done POL167 and/or SOC175? If so, how did u find it?

Thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
If you have the times you want written down it shouldn't be a problem.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If i remember correctly they do have some spares, but not too sure.

sly fly

HSC
Thanks guys :).....I didn't mean the actual blue timetable book, I meant I lost the paper they give you to fill in your times and make a personalised timetable....that won't be a problem will it?

btw, how much money should I take with me tomorrow?

Thank you!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Umm, depends on how much you want to spend :)

$184 for fees
~$120 for a years parking
textbook money.

sly fly

HSC
damn, I have to buy the textbooks tomorrow? apparently I'm also meant to pay another $500 so I save 20% off my hecs fees....but I duno if I'm supposed to do that 2moro

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sly fly said:
Thanks guys :).....I didn't mean the actual blue timetable book, I meant I lost the paper they give you to fill in your times and make a personalised timetable....that won't be a problem will it?

btw, how much money should I take with me tomorrow?

Thank you!
Oh, for that I think you should write up the subjects you have as if it was on the other piece of paper. They might get you to rewrite one when you go to enrol or they might not care if it is written up neatly.

You don't have to buy texts tomorrow if you don't want to.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, im not too sure on the cutoff for upfront hecs though, double check

sly fly

HSC
AsyLum said:
Yeah, im not too sure on the cutoff for upfront hecs though, double check
yikes, my mum better have half a grand lying around :eek:

anyway, thanks for ur help, ur a champ

flamezy

HSC
Hey sly fly, at enrolment, when collecting all the forms, they might possibly ask you if you need the "proposed timetable form".

On friday, during my enrolment, they asked me, but i didnt need one.

I spent,
$184 for fee's
$20 for co-op membership
$10 for food
and the hecs, deferred it.
An extra $15 if you want to subscribe to The Australian newspaper

sly fly

HSC
So I can pay the upfront hecs fee's later right? and I don't buy the textbooks tomorrow either right? I just need a little reassurance coz I told my mum to give me $700 and she chucked a skitz lol

thanks flamezy (btw, I like ur nik)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
You have been reassured.

The Australian deal is a great deal (pick up the Australian during the week on campus, get it delievered Saturday and get the Telegraph delivered on Sunday for the year until the end of uni) and the SMH have a similar deal but it costs $20 or $25 which is still great value.

sly fly

HSC
Thanks iambored, I just read the booklet thing......for anyone else who wants to know, u have to pay the upfront partial hecs thing by the 24th of feb.
Yeah, I usually read the smh....haven't read the australian much but it's meant to be good. Thanks for ur help everyone :)

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
sly fly said:
oh btw, has anyone here done POL167 and/or SOC175? If so, how did u find it?

Thanks
POL167 is quite good. You get to study of the fundamental questions about the state, government, politics, property, law and the enforcement of a legal code by authority, etc. You have some interest in philosophy, i recommend that you do it. I haven't done SOC175 but some friends of mine did and they really enjoyed it. They also said there is no end of semester exam, just an assignment... so yeh, hope this helps.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
sly fly said:
Thanks iambored, I just read the booklet thing......for anyone else who wants to know, u have to pay the upfront partial hecs thing by the 24th of feb.
Yeah, I usually read the smh....haven't read the australian much but it's meant to be good. Thanks for ur help everyone :)
You can get 40 week subscriptions to both. $15 for the Australian and $20 for the herald. I'm getting the Herald...but I occassionally pick up the Australian...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, that's what i was thinking haha, should be good to finally get the herald

sly fly

HSC
marchetta said:
POL167 is quite good. You get to study of the fundamental questions about the state, government, politics, property, law and the enforcement of a legal code by authority, etc. You have some interest in philosophy, i recommend that you do it. I haven't done SOC175 but some friends of mine did and they really enjoyed it. They also said there is no end of semester exam, just an assignment... so yeh, hope this helps.
Thank you, it's always good to get some insight on things. I'm also doing a philosophy subject :D

sly fly

HSC
oh and no exam.....yayyyy, this is turning out to be a great day despite having the flu :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)