I miss you guys (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Sup, hows life in university, is it way harder and more intense than the HSC? Is a 'pass' enough to get by university or does everyone aim for the high marks? Thank you
Not necessarily harder or easier, depends what you want and how much effort you put it - I haven't worked as hard yet as I did in the hsc, but that's probs a motivation issue 😬 some people are chill with P's, but there are high-performance students who strive for D's and HD's - there is an overall competitive vibe in the finance and law degrees, but sci felt a lot more communal

AKONS

HSC
G'day supR!

Yeah I agree with you mate. No matter how painful these final years might feel like I know I'm going to look back missing them. The motivation.The life goals! Even when I will look back on how painful English was :)

AKONS

HSC
A 98.5 ATAR is amazing!!! I know its been two years since you finished but what do you think helped you most to achieve that?

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Sup, hows life in university, is it way harder and more intense than the HSC? Is a 'pass' enough to get by university or does everyone aim for the high marks? Thank you
More chill ig? I have talked to EVERYONE and have gained omnipresence on this forum, apparently, it's anti-climatic and the HSC is the climax.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
A 98.5 ATAR is amazing!!! I know its been two years since you finished but what do you think helped you most to achieve that?
I had this dynamic with a close friend of mine at the time where we really pushed each other in a fun yet competitive way, that definitely helped! I made a google doc with a timetable routine that I *actually* followed which also helped manage all the past papers and have breaks in between - Oh and I also wrote "97+" on these sticky notes and put them in different places in the house that I always went to (i.e. bedroom, study area) to remind myself of my goal constantly :)

TeheeCat

HSC
Not necessarily harder or easier, depends what you want and how much effort you put it - I haven't worked as hard yet as I did in the hsc, but that's probs a motivation issue 😬 some people are chill with P's, but there are high-performance students who strive for D's and HD's - there is an overall competitive vibe in the finance and law degrees, but sci felt a lot more communal
As someone that's studying both Commerce and Science at USYD, I 1000% agree with that statement. 😂 While everyone I've talked to are all highly motivated, I find that there is indeed this big competitive vibe within the Commerce cohort with everyone gunning for subcommittees roles, internships and whatnot. Not that I can blame them though, Commerce is an over-saturated field after all.

Also, I think it's cool you're studying Finance at USYD Commerce too, what's up! :D Since you just transferred this year, I assume you took the 1000-level units this semester? If so, how did you go?

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
As someone that's studying both Commerce and Science at USYD, I 1000% agree with that statement. 😂 While everyone I've talked to are all highly motivated, I find that there is indeed this big competitive vibe within the Commerce cohort with everyone gunning for subcommittees roles, internships and whatnot. Not that I can blame them though, Commerce is an over-saturated field after all.

Also, I think it's cool you're studying Finance at USYD Commerce too, what's up! :D Since you just transferred this year, I assume you took the 1000-level units this semester? If so, how did you go?
Hey! :D I took BUSS1000, BUSS1030, but then I was able to do FINC2011 (did ECON1001 in the holidays which counted for BUSS1040, and my MATH19XX courses counted for BUSS1020 :) ) and LAWS1006 - I'm p happy with how it went, definitely a tough sem though! How about you?

TeheeCat

HSC
Hey! :D I took BUSS1000, BUSS1030, but then I was able to do FINC2011 (did ECON1001 in the holidays which counted for BUSS1040, and my MATH19XX courses counted for BUSS1020 :) ) and LAWS1006 - I'm p happy with how it went, definitely a tough sem though! How about you?
Oh wow nice, so you're essentially done with nearly all the core units then! How was FINC2011? I've done BUSS1000 (🤮) and BUSS1020, core MATH units as well as INFO1110 (as an elective). I really regret taking BUSS1020 instead of MATH1905/MATH1005. Thought that as a Commerce/Advanced Studies student, I had to take BUSS1020. :/ I will have to catch upon whatever mathematical rigour topics I missed out before second year starts.

That's great and yeah it was a tough semester. I'm happy with how I went considering my motivation dropped after week 4 + the fact that it was my first semester at uni ever. 🤣

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Content in HSC is muchhhhh easier, because you can actually understand all of it LOL... in uni it feels like just semi-understanding it and memorising past years questions then praying... also people are less competitive overall imo since there's no ranking system.

jathu123

HSC
Content in HSC is muchhhhh easier, because you can actually understand all of it LOL... in uni it feels like just semi-understanding it and memorising past years questions then praying... also people are less competitive overall imo since there's no ranking system.
I concur :D

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
O m g fam I remember you, how have you been?
I've been pretty good just sorta coasting thru online uni at the moment lol. Although I kinda wish I was in Sydney rn with all this corona shit goin on in Melbourne 😷.
Also nice to see that you're doing law now hehe good luck it can be such a struggle at times

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
I'm looking at combined Law/City Planning at UNSW as an option for uni. I'm not particularly sure if I want to study and pursue a career in law, or study something like a bachelor of city planning, or science, and pursue a career in urban planning, geography, etc.
Hey guys, I just got my creative writing assessment back for English, and I got 17/20. It was the best creative I've ever written, so I wanna be happy with my efforts. However, I prepared for this about 4 weeks in advance just trying to get my story right, and I only improved by one mark (I usually get 16/20). And as marks came out, there were kids in English Standard who didn't hand in a draft and made their story up on the day, and got 19-20/20. I'm starting to doubt whether I'm actually doing the right thing by doing a lot of preparation for creative writing, and I'm starting to think that spontaneity and making it up on the day is a better idea. What do you guys do?
Happy new years everyone! :jump:

So I'm going to start year 11 in a month and don't get me wrong, I'm excited to finally do all the subjects I'm interested in! But I'm scared that I will have stress problems during the next 2 years...

I did an acceleration course and I suffered through stress and pressure. When the stress got to me too much, I crashed down and lost motivation to prepare for assessments properly :S Let's say that my physical health wasn't quite good either.

I don't want this to happen again, or I want to at least minimise it. So any advice on how to manage workload, stress and to just look after yourself in general? Any tips would be appreciated, thank you! ^^
Hot Damn, I can't believe y'all have come such a long way, as for SupR, he was never in a position to ask for help.

Now y'all have high 90's are doing the courses you want, WOW!

If only I can pull what they can, I don't think so though hahaha welp. *cries*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)