I need a new student ID... (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
...since mine got stolen (it was in my wallet) during my lunch break at work today.
Does anyone know if i'd have to pay for a replacement ? How long does it take to get a new one ? And do I need my student ID card for my exams next week ?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oooh ... poor annegelic, thats no good :(

Here's all the info that you need:
If a student loses their card a $25.00 replacement fee is charged. This fee will only be waived if a student is able to produce a Police Report which advises that the card has been stolen.

Payment for a replacement ID card can be made by one of the following methods:

on the University's Internet Payment System - I-Pay, students will need to ensure that they print out their receipt from the I-Pay system.
in person at the Cashier's office on the Campus, students need to ensure that they obtain a receipt.
To obtain your replacement ID card take your receipt (from either I-Pay or the Cashier) to your Home Campus Student Centre, this shows that you have paid for a replacement ID card. Your Home Campus Student Centre Staff will then produce a new card for you. Students must attend their Home Campus Student Centre in person, as a new photograph will need to be taken. Students will need to be able to prove their identity in order to get a student ID card produced.

And you will need your ID card for your exams next week. And cards are made on the spot :) You just gotta be bothered to go to uni :p

L

LaraB

Annegelic said:
...since mine got stolen (it was in my wallet) during my lunch break at work today.
Does anyone know if i'd have to pay for a replacement ? How long does it take to get a new one ? And do I need my student ID card for my exams next week ?
yeah annegelic - get a police report.

is just easier than having to p ay the $25..

if u get a police report, you just gotta bring the polic report number and tell em it and they do a new one on the spot,otherwise u cough up $25 and they do it on the spot.

Thye can just do the same photo again so it's quicker

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Ok well one good thing has come out of it, i get to take a new photo. Except i'm gonna have to pay the fkn $25 since there's no way i can prove it was stolen.. omfg a hassle i don't need right now >.<

Thanks for the info guys :)

L

LaraB

Annegelic said:
Ok well one good thing has come out of it, i get to take a new photo. Except i'm gonna have to pay the fkn $25 since there's no way i can prove it was stolen.. omfg a hassle i don't need right now >.<

Thanks for the info guys :)
nah you don't hafta like...prove it was stolen..

to get a police report you just call the number....131444 - is a 24 hr number and just tell them what happened.

you don't have to like..'prove' it...to get a police report its just simply you saying what happened..

i had my wallet stolen at parra library so yeah - its as simple as calling, giving em your personal details and telling em what was stolen.

they give you a code of a dozen or so letters n numbers and you give that code to the uni people and they note it down n u get a new free id:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)