i need help im dumb (1 Viewer)

mattb

hey,

i really need help......i have my independent trials in 2 days, and im failing every subject!!!!! (not funny!)

these are my subjects
mths general
english advanced (l4alibrandi, sylvia plath, frontline, hamlet and ragad)
bio
chem
pe
ft

can anyone send me questions from the trials so i can try pass..

please,,,,we have to help each other....im not a threat!!!

:confused:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by anti
I'd help, but I don't do any of those subjects!
u dont do english?

lol....yeah yeah, i know wat u mean, u dun do those texts

anyway, matt, yes, download all those trial papers from BoRed
thats all u can do in the 2 days i guess, doin past papers

For RAGAD and Hamlet (that's the only one I do of all your electives) write ANY essay based on how successful the transformation is, why there is a transformation, or how the transformed text addresses issues in a deeper context.

mattb

hey thanx dudes,

ive been looking at the past trials, which is helpin a bit i spose,

aaaahhhh...well, band 1 here i come :(

mattb

i did my english aos today, way tooo long, not enough time....its never too late for me!!! please i need help with section 2, the three essay one!!! please

i went shit, another one and a half weeks to go, 5 more tests!!!!

yippy, NOT

(plus i need help with all my other subjects above - im doing independant lol)

Here are some questions from a trial last year (i'm not sure which trial it is sorry, but it's good practice)

Hamlet and RAGAD
"The transformation process allows us to respond to texts as pleasing replays of each other and to gain new insights into both texts." Discuss this statement in relation to the transformation process of the prescribed texts you have studied

Sylvia Plath
Sylvia Plath is considered an important poet in the modern literary canon. Can these poems be seen to support this assertion? Explain your response

I'm trying to dig up all the trial papers I have to find more questions but I can't seem to find them-- I stuffed them all somewhere hastily as soon as my trials were over... I'll keep searching

Also for Hamlet and R and G:
Transforming a text remodels ideas for a new age. Discuss with reference to the texts and contexts you have studied

Hamlet/R&G
  1. "The process of transformation involves much more than just the adaptation of ideas and form to contemporary situations and audiences"
  2. Imagine you are Tom Stoppard and you are giving a presentation to year 12 students. Write the text of the speech explaining why you transformed Hamlet
  3. Write a review of R&G for a popular weekend magazine. You should refer to Hamlet in your answer

Excel questions
  4. What possible criticisms of Shakespeare and/or Shakespeare productions appear in Stoppard's play
  5. How does R&G afect our reading of Hamlet?
  6. Tom Stoppard has simply switched the main characters and shifted blame in his transformation of Hamlet
    into R&G. How true is this statement?
  7. In SToppard's play, Guil says, 'there must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have said - no'. How does Stoppard's transformation of Shakespeare's Hamlet explore notions of choice, fate, destiny and death?
  8. Both Hamlet and R&G are plays that place great emphasis on their theatricality. Show how Stoppard transforms Shakespeare in this matter.
  9. "Shakespeare's play is a serious work with comic moments. Stoppard's transformation is a comic work with serious moments." How valid is this comment?
  10. After reading R&G it is difficult to have a particularly positive view of Hamlet. How much does Stoppard's play change the way we feel abut Shakespeare's play?

Hope that helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)