I need opinions!!! (1 Viewer)

Merayshehata

HSC
Iam doing 2U maths, for the first assessment which is worth 7.5 % I got (81%) equal to 4th place out of 20 students or so. For the second one I managed to get (98%) (2nd place)
Now I know that the ranking is what matters not even the mark and I'm very worried about the first one and that I might get pulled down And I really need to get a band 6 .
Should I leave it to next year rather than wasting time?

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do it this year.It will be a good experience during HSC exam a year early.You can always repeat in next year if you don't get a band 6.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
No keep doing it

What's your school rank

Merayshehata

HSC
Someone explain how you can study hsc in tafe?
The course is called HSC studies , the number is: 19361.
You will have to enrol and then pick up your subjects, some might be during day and some during afternoon and evening it depends on the timetable.
Not all subjects are available in one campus though, you might have to travel to different campuses.

Last edited:

Merayshehata

HSC
I read the whole thing, and can't find any claim that marks do not matter.
It says that relative gaps between assessment marks are what count.
There's a part that's says, "from a statical point of view, it does not matter if the school assessment mark is "too high" or "two low" or "too wide" or "too narrow". The moderation makes the required adjustment".

Merayshehata

HSC
And these gaps are basically ranking. it says that the first and the last get their mark and the second stays with the third and so on..
And say I came second and I got 98% (which is a good mark) there's a chance that I might get pulled down by the third one depends on their mark.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
And these gaps are basically ranking. it says that the first and the last get their mark and the second stays with the third and so on..
And say I came second and I got 98% (which is a good mark) there's a chance that I might get pulled down by the third one depends on their mark.
The 'relative gaps' thing implies that it's not just your rank that matters. For example, being 10% off the person ranked above you is likely to be different to being 0.1% behind him/her.

Merayshehata

HSC
And anyways, I recived an e-mail from the staff of BOS and many teachers have agreed that "HSC EXAM IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS IN THE END" and everything will be adjusted accroding to the HSC.

braintic

HSC
N/A
There's a part that's says, "from a statical point of view, it does not matter if the school assessment mark is "too high" or "two low" or "too wide" or "too narrow". The moderation makes the required adjustment".
That is not saying that marks don't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)