I need some help about performing in front of people. Can you help me? (1 Viewer)

bullwinkle96

HSC
Every time I need to do a performance I practice really hard but when I go to do it in front of people when I am getting marked I get really scared and just can't do it. In my last performance I just randomly stoped playing and swore by accident :/ That didn't go down to well. Can you give me some tips on how I can stop being nervous and scared. Thanks :)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Every time I need to do a performance I practice really hard but when I go to do it in front of people when I am getting marked I get really scared and just can't do it. In my last performance I just randomly stoped playing and swore by accident :/ That didn't go down to well. Can you give me some tips on how I can stop being nervous and scared. Thanks :)
Really just got to ignore the people watching. Focus completely on the instrument and what you're playing and if you make a mistake don't show it, just continue on like it never happened. Don't rush it either.

yours

HSC
this happened to me a lot for my year 12 performance assessments. The worst thing is to stop and pause - when you make a mistake skip the bar and continue (this is easier for solo than ensemble).

People say 'it gets easier'. I say stop lying. It's been exactly as hard for every performance exam I've done from the start of year 11 to the end of year 12 HSC exams.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
People say 'it gets easier'. I say stop lying. It's been exactly as hard for every performance exam I've done from the start of year 11 to the end of year 12 HSC exams.
Hmmmm... I don't know. I found my HSC performances to be very easy in comparison to my Trials, it's different for every person. I definitely think that the more performances you do the easier it gets - when I first start performing I was extremely nervous but now it seems so easy and I really enjoy it.

fionarykim

HSC
oh my goodness!!
i have done that before!! just completely stop in a performance and couldnt start properly again!!

you know whats worse about that? is the fact that because its happened once u are too scared it will happen again and this would effect your next performance
before your next performance you must completely wipe out what has happened before, and really just focus on ur piece this time.
take your time before you start playing!! its much better to take an extra minute or 2 to calm down, than to rush into it and screw up

also you know those places where they have pianos in public?
you know in the city, in ryde library etc etc, idk if you have any around you
but whenever u see a piano in public? PLAY
play whatever, just play, people would gather around, watch, listen
and this stuff is what will make u nervous, just like how u would feel in a perfomance

goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)