I Need Study Help (1 Viewer)

Wolverine

HSC
Maths would have to be the worst subject there is to many things to remember... Who ever invented maths needs to be shot...
honestly tho im a half half... some stuff from maths sinks in and other bits just fly over my head and i sit there catching flies....
in class i can do anything the teacher wants me to i find it soooooo easy but once i get into a test and all the questions are together and mixed my brain decides to have a picnic and leave me... its annoying
i struggled through my last test and ended up with 66%... wasnt happy at all i need to lift my game...
does anyone have any studying techniques that they can let me in on or know anyway possible of making maths stick because when push comes to shove i just forget the equations and stuff...
so i leave u with PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Pace_T

HSC
Hey there.

Sorry I do advanced and extension, but I will try to help anyway.
I too feel confused when I see an exam paper with all the topics mixed up. But what I do is, is grab past papers or practice papers and try them. The topics are all mixed up, just like your class assessments, so it's pretty good practice for your assessments. If you become confused with the question because it includes the formulas that you forget, just refer back to your textbook, don't worry about that. Also, if you find it difficult to remember specific formulas, what you do is find exercises on the topics that include these formulas. Do all the questions in the exercise. When you do a lot of questions that involve those formulas you won't forget them.

I'm sorry if this doesn't apply to your situation. I've no idea what this course includes, hehe.

Thanks,
Pace T.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Try by doing some exams and even some questions in textbooks in exam conditions. The more you practice exam conditions, you should find doing exams a breeze. There isn't that much to remember in maths. As long as you know the basics for each topic, you can pretty much do anything. Most of the formula's you need to know are right infront of you. You just need to know how the apply these formula's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)