I need two History and Memory related texts (short film/poem) (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
could anyone recommend me a short film and a poem to do for history and memory. I dont really know understand the module so finding a related text is kinda hard

sunshinegirl

HSC
have no idea about short films, but in terms of poems you could do a WWI poem (like by Wilfred Owens etc - if you do modern this could link into that as well) or perhaps Seamus Heaney (irish poet - writes about irish history and nationalism) or Yeats for that matter (just not the poems set as prescribed texts for module b).

maybe look at any texts you did in year 11 which you could use - this saves you time analysing. or even anything from another subject, particulalry if you do a history.

otherwise, i'd say any poem that is about a historical event because the fact that its a poem means it will be a subjective interpretation of this event. you could even use Oodgeroo Noonuccal or another Indigenous australian poet if you want.

actually, if you need a short film, have you tried youtube? even a short except of a documentary which you could then analyse and use as a text? look at the interplay between documented historical evidence and personal recollection/memory.

hope this helps :)

michaeljennings

HSC
ahhh thanks yeah i was thinking of doing a text we did in yr 11 but my teacher said we cant use any text we have already studied in high shcool so i cant even pick something we did in yr 7 hahaha (not that i would anyway)

Do you happen to know of any related texts that are about the Vietnam war? Because my prescribed texts are Levertov's poems about the Vietnam War however our teacher said it would be best to have 1 related text that is about the Vietnam war and one that isnt

pedrogomez

HSC
Anyone doing personal Helicon as a related text for hist & mem this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)