I.R.P. Home (1 Viewer)

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
i don't know, it's weird.. but i got the marking sheet back today.. turns out i got 15.16!!.. hehe... ah well. they had to bring it down from a mark out of 25,, to a mark out of 20... that explains the weird number... but i'm happy :)... i thought i failed!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm.. didnt u have to hand in a proposal to the teacher for her to approve or disprove ur topic?
if u did.. just expand on that and ull be fine
if not.. errr ull need all the luck lol

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
but the questionnaires and stuff would take forever..... unless you made them up yourself..... don't do that though!! hehe... unless you get really desperate... don't leave data analysis till last though.. that's what part took me the longest

nettie

I.R.P

hey everyone i have done my I.R.P i worked my ass off. It worked out in the end.Keep going and you will do fine you get stressed and worked up about it but its over before you know it. I compleated my I.R.P the first week of the holidays, a week before it was due only because i had love ones pushing and incoraging me to keep going luckey for me i did finnish when i did because i had glandular fever at the end so i completed it before the worst came one
i got my results back and i got 14/20 for the diary and project all up :) it was on peer pressure and its effects on teenages dissision making

Last edited:

aditya

HSC
thats good for now, but i don't think you should do that again =), 70% prolli get scaled to like 40... *checks* ok it was actually 37 :| and thats out of 100, 70 scales oto 37/100...

BUT IT DOESNT MATTER!!!

don't get discouraged, I'm just trying to help you! Because alot of people don't know just hwo bad cafs scales, people getting 78 etc are really happy, it feels like im the only one that knows, or cares about the scaling... people say u should do subjects you enjoy and those that you will go good at, regardless of scaling, but the key to that comment is- MAKE DAMN SURE YOU GO GOOD IN THEM!!!

thats an assumption teachers make when they say that... I think it's misleading... so... just beware :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
Don't worry Nettie, (it's Mish by the way!!!) since you're not getting a UAI, scaling is not an issue. Just keep doing your best and everything will be fine!! Congrats with your IRP, too!!

aditya, I agree that everyone should do their best in their subjects, but isn't that what the HSC is all about to the majority?? Teachers are right when they say "choose subjects you're good at and enjoy" because they know that if you enjoy them, you have a better chance of succeeding.

By the way, I also got my IRP back - 19/20 for the product, plan and diary. So I was happy with that!! My IRP was on the advantages of homeschooling regarding child development.

*Flutterby*

well i dunno my mark yet caws i got my tooth pulled and i havent been at skool but i m pretty sure its an average mark and considering the circumstances surrounding my final copy im pretty pleased with all that :D

Lizetti

HI guys today we had to hand our IRP in im so scared what im gona get cuz our teacher she marks realli hard.:(

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ahh i got mine back.. i was kinda disappointed with 15/20 but i guess ive really gotta work at it for my next assessment on groups in context in a couple of weeks.. in class long response yay :|

*Flutterby*

well im happy. my irp question was "how does depression affect the well being of an adolescent" and was 40 pages or so long. i got 15/20 and 4/5 for the proposal so 19/25. no complaints here

nettie

hey 15/20 isnt that bad g's i het you came in the to 3/4 of your class with that mark its a really good mark you are judging your self to hard trust me i was heaps happy with 14/20 then i found out what one of my friends in my group got 20/20 and all i could do was tell you self how stuped i was its not true and i know it i strugle and 14/20 is a fantastic mark for anynow i the class to get its70% which means you got75%which in my mind is a fantastic mark dont cut your self up about it + you still have to add your diary mark to it

aditya

HSC
wow nice! 19/20... did anyone get 20?

my teacher said a few people got 100%!!!!

:( thats shit cuz i know for a fact that i didnt get 100%

and i got another assesment back... 37/40 :( far out stupid cow of a teacher :( bs 37/40... try 40/40... it was like copying of a blackboard... sifnt get 100%% :mad::mad::mad:

roar * angry*

Amba

hey im amba.. We were just told we had to choose a topic for our irp..and i really honestly have no idea about what i should do.... Can someone please help me? I would really appreciate if u did!!! thanks!! please get back to me !!

mishka

HSC
N/A
if you have access to a syllabus, look at all the areas the course covers. basically it's a community issue that has to be evident in the syllabus. mine was on homeschooling and its effects on child development. other examples include divorce, smoking, depression, teen image, etc. make sure its something you're interested in and keep your diary up to date!!! the worst thing you can do (yes, i confess, i did it!) is leave your diary till the last minute!! :) hope that helps a little!!

cyclonesarah

Community and Family Studies IRP

I have no idea of what I can do my IRP on!!! It doesnt help that the only contact I have with my teacher is by mail, phone etc... (Distance Education). Im a bit confused ... does it have to relate to one of the topics we did in Yr 11?

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)