• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I really honestly have no idea what to do.. (1 Viewer)

Sezza08

HSC
I'm going alright in most of my subjects...Chemistry's pulling me down though, and Math's is pulling me up. So, it's kinda everywhere....

thoughts?

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Sezza08 said:
I'm going alright in most of my subjects...Chemistry's pulling me down though, and Math's is pulling me up. So, it's kinda everywhere....

thoughts?
Okay, here's what I did:

1. Take a good look at your subjects - Look at your ranks in each subject, and use SAM to estimate your UAI.

2. Now get out your UAC guide and take a look at the university courses that might interest you. Look at the UAI cutoffs for each subject. Aim high, but also be realistic. Also, check out the university websites. You want to go to a university with a good reputation for whatever you're doing right?

3. Once you have a list of subjects, put them into some kind of preference order.

4. Fill out that UAC form, and don't worry about it until you get your UAI.

5. Once you have your UAI, you can go back and change your preferences if you need to.

And stop worrying about it. You have much better things to do, trust me. Hope that helps.

Evilo

HSC
what subject are you doing? rank them according to how well you're going. then post here.

bao28

HSC
Sezza08 said:

thoughts?
wow u sound like me, except chemistry is not pulling me down, chemistry's basically on the floor :hammer:

Sezza08

HSC
I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, General Mathematics, Standard English, Visual Arts and SOR 1U.

According to how well im going, it'd be:

Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Visual Arts, SOR 1U

Evilo

HSC
geeze talk about general...

have you looked at things towards the environment? like environmental management?

maybe try - http://jobsearch.gov.au/careers/cq_home.aspx

EDIT - do you have any interests? have you had a look at any industries you might want to venture into?

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
wtf what kinda thoughts you want us 2 give us? u said chemistry is pulling u down though in your ranks of the subject its average? wtf. Chemistry is a highly scaling subject. Better physics....rarararara.
i dont really know what advice 2 give except Meh. Just do it.

Sezza08

HSC
Evilo said:
EDIT - do you have any interests? have you had a look at any industries you might want to venture into?
i used to want to go into marine/biological science, but its not really sounding appealing anymore. i wouldnt mind doing something with regards to the earth though...

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Sezza08 said:
i used to want to go into marine/biological science, but its not really sounding appealing anymore. i wouldnt mind doing something with regards to the earth though...
So something like Environmental Science? Organic chemistry is also a good option, what with all the search for alteranative fuel sources etc, etc.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
We def need someone to sort out that stupid oil prices!!!
... Well yeah...

What I really mean is that since petrochemical reserves are running out, alternative fuel sources such as ethanol and hydrogen fuel cells are going to be needed. Most of that falls under the category of organic chemistry. Also, medical science is a good option to take.

Sarah, if you really can't decide what you want to do, why not make yourself useful in some kind of industry like hospitality, tourism, teaching or nursing? You're always going to get a good job there, and you'll probably end up making more money than me...

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
squeenie said:
So something like Environmental Science? Organic chemistry is also a good option, what with all the search for alteranative fuel sources etc, etc.
im in environmental science (specifically geology) but i do all these "environmental" courses too. If you've got any questions drop me a line!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)