i screwed up my first HSC asessment.. am i screwed T^T (1 Viewer)

arghstupidjo

HSC
i feel so screwed.. i've come to such a bad start >,<.. my first hsc asessment was business studies and i got 70 % for that.. and i think im in the lower rankings.. do you think i'm screwed ><".. the weighting for this asessment was 15 %.. so i have to do good in that 85 % which i wont do good in >< im screwed.. right.. T^T'

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
course you're screwed.
/wrist now :rolleyes:

study more effectively for half yearly and trials =]
besides, nothing you can do about it now.

goodluck tho

adidasboy

weee
HSC
lol you guys are so mean :p

by 15% you mean 7.5% will contribute to your HSC mark?
dw, you still have plenty of time and opportunities to ace business studies!
But you really need to change your pessimism.

You'll do fine.

HSC
I stuffed up my first English Advanced assessment (ranked almost last), still feeling the repercussions now...only because i continued to stuff up subsequent assessment tasks.

You've got a whole year ahead of you, no worries. :shoot:

lordesf

HSC
Dude i screwed my maths ext 1 on my 1st asesment with 64% while the avg was 74% thts how screwed i was... but yeh i studied hard to make sure tht wont happen again and i ended geting an 85% overall mark... so ye.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
well thast 7.5% of your HSC down the toilet!

Hint:concentrate on the other 92.5%

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't worry 2 much. Every1 screws assessment tasks. Besides, the school generally 'tweaks' the mark up to try and get you a better mark.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Chillax, guy. EDIT: Chillax, girl.
The weighting of the assessment was very low. So unless you screw up the other 85% of internal assessments AND the external, you'll be fine. =D

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Dont worry too much.
I didnt do very well in my first assessment for Bio either (87%) and the top mark was 99%.
I'm not too worried, I do better at exams anyways.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Don't worry... i got 14/20 for my 1st english assessment because it was on Othello (I hated the play and i literally was daydreaming throughout the entire movie) and i was ranked 40th or something....

After getting into gear by the end of the prelims i was 5th o_O

So just work hard on the rest and you'll be alright :)

chltmddus112

HSC
First assessment means nothing..

My friend came 13th in the first Physics assessment in Year 11 but his final rank was equal 4th.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
yeh seriously chillax.
just put it behind you, learn from your mistakes, be prepared for the next one!
i was like 68th in english after the first assessment and ended up 19th :)
you still have more than 3 more terms plus the externals...put it in perspective, it's not so bad as long as your learn from whatever went wrong with this one.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
In one of my subject, my rank last year after first assessment was 12th. At the end of term 3, I came first with 97% overall.

duy.le

HSC
trust me its not the end of the world is u stuff ONE assessment it does make a considerable difference if ur aiming for the top. for my physics i got 60% for my first assessment (rank 50/64) :angry: and the average was like 85%, yes i know i fuked that one up, hard. BUT i did my best in every assessment/exam afterwards top 4. and i ended up coming 7/64 overall. but u see my point is that i could of easily came 3-4-5 if i didnt screw my first assessment up.

so moral of the story, do ur best in ur assessments. u cant change ur results now. but u can do something about your future assessments. goodluck with everything.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
arghstupidjo said:
i feel so screwed.. i've come to such a bad start >,<.. my first hsc asessment was business studies and i got 70 % for that.. and i think im in the lower rankings.. do you think i'm screwed ><".. the weighting for this asessment was 15 %.. so i have to do good in that 85 % which i wont do good in >< im screwed.. right.. T^T'
Don't worry, I got <60% for one of my first HSC assessment tasks and ended up rank first.

Also, for another subject, a certain person was above me the entire year for another certain HSC subject, and I ended up overtaking that person due to the trials (weighting).

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
This situation is really bad, utterly hopeless, there is simply no point even continuing with this year in HSC.

I highly suggest that you leave high school for now and get a job and earn some money for year and restart the HSC for next year and next time don't stuff up such an important assessment.

WBD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)