I sold out. (1 Viewer)

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by YEAR11
on the topic of double degrees, is it better to combine Law with something? What is wrong with just straight out law?
nothing but it's not offered as an undergraduate degree. to do law on its own you have to do it as a graduate degree after completing something else. well at least that's true for most australian unis. different in the uk etc.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
ahhh ok now I get it. Why do they do that isn't it more work or is it so theres like something to fall back on?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
phewww talking to people has been confusing me.

kini mini

HSC
I don't think you've sold out Skandi , if i were you I would do the same thing.

The reason I am doing law (commerce/law) is not that I want to be a lawyer, but I want to have a good understanding of law so I'm not reliant on others for key business decisions :).

Last edited:

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by kini mini
I don't think you've sold out Skandi , if i were you I would do the same thing.

The reason I am doing law (commerce/law) is not that I want to be a lawyer, but I want to have a good understanding of law so I'm not reliant on others for key business decisions :).
that seems a pretty decent reason to be doing it

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kini mini
that was one of the reasons why i considered law for a moment then i realised that law is alot of hard work ...

mannnnndy

chocoholic
are u sure youre going to be able to handle another few years of schooling utopian? or are you just delaying until you get out into the 'real' world?:p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
but a few more years of schooling may mean more zeros at the end of the pay-check ...:)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
but a few more years of schooling may mean more zeros at the end of the pay-check ...:)
exactly the extra years of study will be worth it :)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
My parents don't want me to do a combined arts/ commerce degree because they think its a waste of time!!! But i've told them that having two degrees makes you more employable and is worth 5 years of hard work!!!

dissonance

maybe your parents just think that arts and commerce are two degrees that are a waste of time. Personally I think that is a great combination to take at this time in our lives unless we happen to be totally set on what we want to do for the rest of our lives. Arts and commerce are both pretty broad degrees and don't lead directly to any career and maybe thats what their worried about.

I think however that taking broad courses while an undergraduate and then specifying more once you start a graduate degree is a really good idea as you should be more sure of where and what you want to achieve in life...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
if you do well, one degree is better than two dodgily done degrees ... :)

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Originally posted by mannnnndy
or are you just delaying until you get out into the 'real' world?:p
not particularly, no

I think however that taking broad courses while an undergraduate and then specifying more once you start a graduate degree is a really good idea as you should be more sure of where and what you want to achieve in life
Right on

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
yeah ... its better to live sheltered for as long as you can ... the real world isnt so nice ...

utopian731

Eudaimonian
who says uni life is sheltered??? its how you make it, for instance you *can* make it sheltered, but you dont have to, it can e jsut the opposite.

Theres no way I would stay in uni to be sheltered anyway

This is why im glad private school education is finally finished after 8 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)