i studied but i still failed....WTF?! (1 Viewer)

aLexTasyy

HSC
okay i studied my arse off....and was very confident that i was going to pass,, the teacher gave us the question and I FAILED...then i copped a mouthfull from my step mum "YOU DONT TRY HARD ENOUGH??!"

:pain: she's so mean.....how do i study and pass i mean i NEVER studied through all my other years and i passed...not with flying colors but i passed? any thoughts?

HSC
aLexTasyy said:
okay i studied my arse off....and was very confident that i was going to pass,, the teacher gave us the question and I FAILED...then i copped a mouthfull from my step mum "YOU DONT TRY HARD ENOUGH??!"

:pain: she's so mean.....how do i study and pass i mean i NEVER studied through all my other years and i passed...not with flying colors but i passed? any thoughts?
You probably didn't study the right stuff.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
dv3 said:
C'mon now thats kinda harsh ;) . Although politik does have a point. If all you do is memorise an answer your basically getting no where particularly in Mathematics.
Who said she memorized an answer?

tahlsy31191

HSC
You need to develop a study pattern that is right for you.
1. you should be going over everything you do during the day at school to make sure you are comprehending what you are doing.
2. You should ask your teacher where you are going wrong and what you need to improve.
3. do some practice essays and hand them to your teacher so they can give you further insight into your progress.

It is not that you are dumb or not trying, you might not have just found the right way of studying yet.
Good luck.

lionking1191

HSC
if you put in the effort and still didn't get the desired result, chances are there are problems with your studying technique. Seek help from your year advisor or teachers

ALeksa01

HSC
Its alright there are always chances to bring your marks up, maybe try reading out loud, or read a page put it aside and write everything u remember from it,

and u do have the intelligence to get anywhere u desire in life
be positive keep up the study :D

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Stupid naive idiot...

studying doesnt guarantee you do well, doing well doesnt mean you'll end up doing well

go do something you're good at and stop wasting your own time

who gave teenagers the retarded idea that if you cram shit into your brain, you'll get a good UAI which somehow illustrates how intelligent you are and how well you'll do in life?

-Anfernee-

HSC
politik said:
You didn't study well enough. You memorised answers, rather than mastering content. You, like the thousands of other mindless HSC students across NSW, aren't ready for university study.

What a tool, you aren't ready for university study either, champ. You've been a failure all your life. Get it together first, before you start giving others advice.

hocgioitoan

HSC
i think i have got the same problem, though i studied my ass off, i still dont know why i did shitly in the exams, some ppl got that problem i believe,it just our heads went blank within the exams though we r confident before the exams. now its another mental problem i guess, scared of exams of sumshit???

danno1990

HSC
dont make this attempt indicative of your overall success. Try your hardest next time and if that fails then seek advice from a teacher, year advisor. Maybe even try consulting some books with notes on study techniques for example mastering the HSC.
Your brain has alpha and beta patterns, get into Alpha by actively studying for example instead of writing it out try writing a speech and saying it aloud.

Last edited:

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
failing CAFS? i didnt know you could... :p

did u incorporate doing past exam papers UNDER EXAM CONDITION into ur study? did u understand the questions in the exam? was it more a case of running out of time?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
conics2008 said:
just masterbate over the fact you failed.. and cumm all over your exam paper.

My advice: Study smart as well as studying hard. By looking at a book for 4 hours trying to learn a page won't be so beneficial. Instead, skim through all your notes, and the content that you forgot, and then recite recite and recite.

Forget about failing. It's the past. Work on your weaknesses NOW and prove to yourself that your academically able. Good luck.

Last edited:

aLexTasyy

HSC
that CHILD that said i wasnt ready for university is a fucking tool... he's either really smart and knows it (thats why he likes to insult others to make him feel superior) or he's just a tool...and as for turning into a hairdresser or a proso...^o) you people are really stupid and have no compassion...i studied really hard! its just the fact that i think i was to prepared and because i thought i knew to much i think that made me a bit arrogent like the other tool! and as for dropping out? NO CHANCE IN THIS WORLD! ill just drop CFS next year!

aLexTasyy

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:

My advice: Study smart as well as studying hard. By looking at a book for 4 hours trying to learn a page won't be so beneficial. Instead, skim through all your notes, and the content that you forgot, and then recite recite and recite.

Forget about failing. It's the past. Work on your weaknesses NOW and prove to yourself that your academically able. Good luck.

i like this person...they have COMPASSION unlike that other tool

networkmaster

HSC
What was the question you failed at, and how close did you come from passing.

Start there and build up. Talk to your teacher about what your answers are lacking and study those

aLexTasyy

HSC
well i failed by 8 percent the question was :: ... *thinks* i forgot this was ages ago wait i found it:: Roles and relationships within groups are influenced by leadership styles and the gender mix of members..success of groups achieveing their goals is dependent on the leadership style used...

this was like i was reading arabic when i read this question...

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
aLexTasyy said:
well i failed by 8 percent the question was :: ... *thinks* i forgot this was ages ago wait i found it:: Roles and relationships within groups are influenced by leadership styles and the gender mix of members..success of groups achieveing their goals is dependent on the leadership style used...

this was like i was reading arabic when i read this question...
always underline keywords to questions. that way it'll make it easier to understand what they're trying to ask you to do. try and reword the question so that you can understand it. take a deep breath and dont just launch into the question head on :)

for example, with that question they asked you, just interpret it as 'the relationships between members of groups are affected by the type of leadership style they use and no's of males or females in the group.' and then with that other question just think, 'all right, they want me to discuss leadership styles and provide examples.' ok? if you consistently pick the keywords out of the questions and just expand on it, u should be fine :)

Last edited:

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
This trick works with any subject is to learn the syllabus. Questions from exams come DIRECTLY from the syllabus, and so if you have memorised the syllabus and each of the dot points under each of the headings, I guarantee you will blitz the exam. However, this technique doesn't work for English and Maths. LOL! So much for the "This trick works with any subject" bit.

aLexTasyy

HSC
lizziegirl said:
always underline keywords to questions. that way it'll make it easier to understand what they're trying to ask you to do. try and reword the question so that you can understand it. take a deep breath and dont just launch into the question head on :)

for example, with that question they asked you, just interpret it as 'the relationships between members of groups are affected by the type of leadership style they use and no's of males or females in the group.' and then with that other question just think, 'all right, they want me to discuss leadership styles and provide examples.' ok? if you consistently pick the keywords out of the questions and just expand on it, u should be fine :)
i did discuss the leadership styles and how the numbers of males and females in the group makes the outcome different but i only got 2 out of 10 for that question...and i wrote nearly 3 pages.....stupid teachers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)