i think i chose the wrong subs-_- (1 Viewer)

sxciris89

-B4NK41-
HSC
hello folks~ ima curently in yr 11.. and im doin
3 maths
3 english
2 legal
2 business
2 beginners jap( open high~ DUN CHOSE IT)

and for nxt yr..
i want one 4 unit subject..
or even two if i can cope with it..
but because i've got legal and business and im dropping jap..
the scaling's gona cost me alot..
as the two other subjects scale down.. or r neutral..
so.. would 4 maths b better?
or 4 english??

and i also need a very reliable english tutor..
preferably with experience... for 3&4 unit english

Riviet

HSC
N/A
How are you going compared to the rest of the year in your subjects, particularly maths and english?

P.S You can have a look through the threads in the tutor forum here.

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Or you could just do the 12 units of 4 unit english and maths, business studies and legal studies. But really, what is your performance in each of those subjects i.e. ranks, marks, how you're coping with the work, things like that. They would be able to give you a better indication of whether or not you should pick 4 unit english or maths.

Last edited:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
dont worry about scaling now!!... worry about whether or not your doing well in those subjects or not. then from there u decide.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
wm_abusef said:
dont worry about scaling now!!... worry about whether or not your doing well in those subjects or not. then from there u decide.
Agreed 100%, I don't know what has fueled the worry about scaling for this years preliminary students more then previous years. And as Riviet was saying it would depend on how well you are doing and are ranked in your subjects, as it is you that can really determine how much scaling will effect you - if you do well the chances of it having a huge effect and miminised, thats why I hold the believe it is you that can affect scaling.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Agreed 100%, I don't know what has fueled the worry about scaling for this years preliminary students more then previous years. And as Riviet was saying it would depend on how well you are doing and are ranked in your subjects, as it is you that can really determine how much scaling will effect you - if you do well the chances of it having a huge effect and miminised, thats why I hold the believe it is you that can affect scaling.
thanks for the backup ;) yeh you have an excellent point there urself, back in Year 11 I had no idea what scaling even was! or well i did sort of but I didnt let that determine what subjects I chose. I did the subjects I knew I would enjoy and be motivated to do well in (ultimately leading to scaling not affecting me much if i do well). The only other thing I looked at was future uni course subject requirements.... so I made sure i covered that too. :)

csuwai

BOS Member
HSC
agree with soul.. scalings only affect u if ur an average student..

wats wrong with arabic beginners??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)