• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I think I've messed up - really bad (1 Viewer)

RankTan45

HSC
I made the change from Bio to Senior Science just a few days before the the Senior science assessment was due (I was unaware of it, and ended up having to do it).

Well shit. I got 19/37 - JUST over 50% :/.
The highest was 32/37, around 85%.

This assessment was worth 15%, so technically that means I already lost out on 7% of my overall marks and the highest I can get is 93% (if I get 100% for every other assessment, impossible).

Since the HSC results are half-half, I'm afraid my assessment marks are going to bring down my score way below the point of a band 6 (which will seriously f**k up my ATAR).

The subjects I have are -
Adv Eng
Chem
Physics
3U math
Snr Science

So 11 units total, I'm aiming for a band 6 in everything but I just don't know what to do now after my Senior science mark... using an ATAR calculator (I know they're not 100% accurate) I got estimated 92 ATAR which is considerably bad if I get a band 6 in everything but senior science, and it ends up dragging me way down..

So uh, what to do?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Why did you swap from bio to senior science?!
Bio is way better in year 12 than year 11.
Also, it's very easy to get a band 6 in senior science. Don't worry about it.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
You have more rounds of assessments to go. There's nothing you can do about your past but alot you can do with your future.

sweetkiki

Unconscious Member
HSC
N/A
I made the change from Bio to Senior Science just a few days before the the Senior science assessment was due (I was unaware of it, and ended up having to do it).

Well shit. I got 19/37 - JUST over 50% :/.
The highest was 32/37, around 85%.

This assessment was worth 15%, so technically that means I already lost out on 7% of my overall marks and the highest I can get is 93% (if I get 100% for every other assessment, impossible).

Since the HSC results are half-half, I'm afraid my assessment marks are going to bring down my score way below the point of a band 6 (which will seriously f**k up my ATAR).

The subjects I have are -
Adv Eng
Chem
Physics
3U math
Snr Science

So 11 units total, I'm aiming for a band 6 in everything but I just don't know what to do now after my Senior science mark... using an ATAR calculator (I know they're not 100% accurate) I got estimated 92 ATAR which is considerably bad if I get a band 6 in everything but senior science, and it ends up dragging me way down..

So uh, what to do?
lolcats
you haven't lost 7% of your overall marks
your internal marks change in the end according to external (actual hsc exam) marks

STOP freaking out

DO some study
and work up your rank (that's the most important thing)

enoilgam

HSC
Its too early to be worrying from now, things can change heaps from this point until the trials and final exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)