• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I think my subjects suck (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
Not really. No matter what subjects you do, if you do well enough in them, then you can get a UAI of 100. Having subjects that scale well is no prerequisite at all. However, being good at your chosen subjects, be they Drama, Maths, Physics, or Business Studies, definitely is a prerequisite.

In the end, what matters most is good marks. You can't rely on scaling to save you because the amount each subject scales changes each year. Don't pick subjects because they scale well. Pick subjects that you will do your best in, because if you pick a subject you don't like, no amount of work will get you the best UAI. No subject is "not worthy" enough to get you a 100 UAI. It's not the subject that sits the exams and gets the results. It's you. Whatever you pick, make sure YOU can do the very best. Everything else pales in comparison.

I_F

thats a very profound statement u made, but seriously i really believe its a prerequisite to be extremelly good at subjects such as business, general maths, drama etc. because of the nature of their scaling, since it soo bad. but besides thats it is best to pick the subjects you enjoy the best. and it is very hard to study for subjects u hate. i remember in my prelims it took me 1hour to write about half a page worth of notes for software design and they wernt even that good.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
because of the nature of their scaling, since it soo bad.

Like I said, pick subjects that you will do your best in. If you'll blitz Business Studies or Drama, go for it. No good doing Extension 2 Maths if you'll only get 4 in the exam.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)