I think UAC screwed up my equity scholarship application (1 Viewer)

HSC
In 2007 I got an equity scholarship at UTS, this year I left UTS for USYD and had to re apply for my scholarship, which I did. However, today I got mail from UTS saying that I did not need to re apply for my scholarship at UTS each year, and no mail at all from USYD.

I've since been emailing and phoning everyone I can from USYD and UAC to try and find out if they got the scholarship application, no one has been able to tell me for sure yet, but the USYD woman told me that she thinks if they made a mistake I still wouldn't get the scholarship because it is too late to hand them out.

:mad:

Last edited:

loser101

HSC
Harry Flashman said:
In 2007 I got an equity scholarship at UTS, this year I left UTS for USYD and had to re apply for my scholarship, which I did. However, today I got mail from UTS saying that I did not need to re apply for my scholarship at UTS each year, and no mail at all from USYD. .

:mad:
you fail. you really think you deserve a scholarship if you cant even follow simple procedures? i don't think you'll get much sympathy from SydU or UTS.

HSC
loser101 said:
you fail. you really think you deserve a scholarship if you cant even follow simple procedures? i don't think you'll get much sympathy from SydU or UTS.
... don't troll if you have no idea what you're talking about, equity scholarships are submitted to UAC who then pass them on to the relevant university, except UAC passed mine on to UTS, not Sydney as they were supposed to.

HSC
loser101 said:
so wat do u want the rest of us to do? cry me a river
I don't, you see, sometimes people in society discuss things that irk them without expecting others to resolve their concerns, it's just something that happens. Social interaction, try it some time.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You can always apply mid-year but you'll miss out on the ~$1 000 this sem.

Ouch.

HSC
jb_nc said:
You can always apply mid-year but you'll miss out on the ~$1 000 this sem.

Ouch.
I checked and it says no mid year applications, and the scholarship is 4200 a year, so I would lose 2100

HSC
Marky24 said:
Ring up UAC for starters ?
I've tried and failed to get through for several hours, if I can't get through tomorrow morning I'm going to visit the homebush office, though at this stage I don't have much hope

HSC
I got through to UAC and they told me it didn't go off properly, but that they will put me in for a late round scholarship, I wonder how many of those they give out

dr.denk

HSC
Thats pretty screwed up mate.

Considering its uacs fault and you have to suffer for it.

And 4.2k sounds nice lmao.

I only got the 2.1k one :( but im still gratefull :D

miss-smexy

HSC
"USYD woman told me that she thinks if they made a mistake I still wouldn't get the scholarship because it is too late to hand them out."

That's really unfair and if it is true that UAC made an administration error, then you should fight for it because it wasn't like you didn't follow procedures.

HSC
miss-smexy said:
"USYD woman told me that she thinks if they made a mistake I still wouldn't get the scholarship because it is too late to hand them out."

That's really unfair and if it is true that UAC made an administration error, then you should fight for it because it wasn't like you didn't follow procedures.
Yeah, there's not much they can do though, they can't really force USYD to give me a scholarship (the uni has the final say on the scholarships), and there are only a limited number to give out so it's impossible for me to be considered for the larger pool of main round ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)