I want to go to University of Adelaide -.-;; (1 Viewer)

dbsgk95

HSC
Hey guys, I'm year 12 student currently undertaking the HSC exams.

I was originally aiming to enter a course in USYD (Architectural Design) but i figured that i would like to do something else.

That something else happen to be Bachelor of Dental Surgery at University of Adelaide.

Now I live in Sydney and have in fact realized that Adelaide don't work with UAC, but something else called SATAC -.-

Here's my questions:

1. Can I actually go to (or even apply to) University of Adelaide?
2. If so, I didn't sit for UMAT and I think i need it (like all Dentistry courses in other universities do). Can i sit for it next year. Can i do this?
3. The UAC provides bonus points for students disadvantaged in some way; EAS. Is there something like this provided by the SATAC?
4. Well, I looked up on the University of Adelaide website and it seems that i do meet the course requirements (mathematics and chemistry) but the courses i studied are not exactly 'SACE'... would this be a problem?

I know I'm a little weird developing interest in a course so late into the year, but i guess i cant be helped. lol i got interested in Architectural Design around the beginning of last term hahahaha (before then i have nothing in particular but that is exactly why i want to make this desire come true!)

Please answer my questions and thanks in advance :D

onytae

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I'm year 12 student currently undertaking the HSC exams.

I was originally aiming to enter a course in USYD (Architectural Design) but i figured that i would like to do something else.

That something else happen to be Bachelor of Dental Surgery at University of Adelaide.

Now I live in Sydney and have in fact realized that Adelaide don't work with UAC, but something else called SATAC -.-

Here's my questions:

1. Can I actually go to (or even apply to) University of Adelaide?
2. If so, I didn't sit for UMAT and I think i need it (like all Dentistry courses in other universities do). Can i sit for it next year. Can i do this?
3. The UAC provides bonus points for students disadvantaged in some way; EAS. Is there something like this provided by the SATAC?
4. Well, I looked up on the University of Adelaide website and it seems that i do meet the course requirements (mathematics and chemistry) but the courses i studied are not exactly 'SACE'... would this be a problem?

I know I'm a little weird developing interest in a course so late into the year, but i guess i cant be helped. lol i got interested in Architectural Design around the beginning of last term hahahaha (before then i have nothing in particular but that is exactly why i want to make this desire come true!)

Please answer my questions and thanks in advance :D
Hey mate,

You wont be eligible for dent at Adelaide since you didn't sit UAC. I think EAS is offered but plays little role in medicine or dentistry since the ATAR cut off is so high. Some universities don't require UMAT for dent. Also the application for these courses are over, for example my uni JCU you needed to fill out a form but its already due.

My suggestion is if you really want to do dent, is either do Oral Health at USYD and get a really high GPA (6.0 - 7.0) and then apply next year to every uni. Or Do Med sci, sit umat and apply for Adel. But at this stage its already too late.

All the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)