I want to study at Uni next year. How do I apply? (1 Viewer)

amandaWill

HSC
I did the HSC in 2005, currently studying Design in a private college and will complete my Associate Degree this year. I want to study at uni next year, I'm interested in Canberra and Melbourne universities:

- Australian National University
- University of Canberra
- University of Melbourne

How do I apply? Do I have to pay any fees? When is the closing date?

amandaWill

HSC
I think this is very complicated...

So if I only want to study in Sydney, I apply to UAC.
If I want to study in Canberra, I lodge my application to UAC + VTAC?

amandaWill

HSC
ahh...

so Sydney or Canberra - UAC
and Melbourne - VTAC

Sorry...

SairsyFairy

HSC
Basically to lodge applications there is two ways in which you can do it.

As the above poster said, you apply to VTAC for Victorian Universities and UAC for Canberra and NSW. I'm unsure about UAC but I know from my VTAC application you need to pay a fee to submit an application. The closing date for VTAC applications is October 30th.
Go to VTAC's website for more information - www.vtac.edu.au

You can also apply directly to the universities aswell, so this means finding out which courses you want to do, getting on their website and downloading the direct application form. You will need to fill this form out and then either post it or hand it in to the university directly, but make sure you check the closing dates for direct applications with each uni.

One other thing you may need to do is extra requirements for applying to each courses in . This may include and interview, extra application, test etc. I suggest you look on the universties website/ course guide for this aswell cause each course if different. Some may need to to do extra things, others may not.

I hope this is kind of helpful.

amandaWill

HSC
Thanks SairsyFairy, thats really helped me :)

But I still don't know whats the difference between applying to UAC and applying directly to university? Which one is better?

SairsyFairy

HSC
Basically applying through one of the application centres ( UAC & VTAC) means they do all the work for you, they send off all the applications for you by the due dates. Saves you from having to write all your details on each seperate application and all that jazz.

You simply fill in one set of personal details, choose your courses ( up to 12 i think), pay the fee and away you go.

Its personal preference I guess but if I were you I would go through a centre simply because its less stress on you and in the long run I guess it is easier.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Hope this cleared things up

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)