• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I will either learn to make a cool banner in next 24 hours or I will jump!!! (2 Viewers)

N.U.G.

HSC
okay my Photoshop people - enough is enough!! my frustration at being an absolute spactic with Photoshop is at an all time high :confused:

in the next 24 hours I am 100% commited to either learning to make a cool banner/signature or jumping out of my window!! (luckilly my window is only about 4 feet off the ground but you get the idea of how frustrated I am!! :burn:)

MY TASK: using Photoshop and anything I like from the below two images into a cool signature/banner (these are artists I produced music for)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5913/elligy3gc.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2678/chinta1pi.jpg

I want text that says something like "N.U.G. and Equality 7-2521 presents... Chinta and Elligy"

overall I want something that kinda looks like this as the end product

HOW YOU CAN HELP: point me in the direction of a good BASIC tutorial or two about creating banners / signatures in Photoshop (keep in mind I'm a begginner) AND answer any questions that i may have over the next 24 hours as I attempt to achieve this goal

I'd really appreciate your help on this guys!!

who's interested in helping me a lil' bit if I need it? :wave:

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What exactly are you having trouble with? :)

N.U.G.

HSC
AsyLum said:
What exactly are you having trouble with? :)
a bit of everything at the moment! haha

I'm thinking it would look good if I have Chinta's face in the left and Elligy's face on the right of the banner and then having the text in the middle

I made a horrible attempt at extracting their faces so now I'm a bit stuck on what to do...

any suggestions?

N.U.G.

HSC
AsyLum said:
something like this?
yeah that looks good (how did you do that by the way?)

how would i make a backgorund that blends in with those images though?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
N.U.G. said:
yeah that looks good (how did you do that by the way?)

how would i make a backgorund that blends in with those images though?
........you could do that in paint!

Some sorta soften and or blend tool would help you change and mess with the background.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Just used the eraser but rather than the default brush used a larger one with fading. I think it was 21.

The female picture is easy to manipulate since its already stylised, the guys one is a bit harder since it doesnt really match the scheme.

You got a dphoto of the dude on a more plain background ?

N.U.G.

HSC
AsyLum said:
Just used the eraser but rather than the default brush used a larger one with fading. I think it was 21.

The female picture is easy to manipulate since its already stylised, the guys one is a bit harder since it doesnt really match the scheme.

You got a dphoto of the dude on a more plain background ?
ok cool

no I don't sorry :confused:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
There you go :D

Errr the first one still has some marks which can easily be erased, I just rushed it :/

N.U.G.

HSC
bscienceboi said:
There you go :D

Errr the first one still has some marks which can easily be erased, I just rushed it :/
cool, how did u do that?

now I need to start working on a background...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
N.U.G. said:
cool, how did u do that?

now I need to start working on a background...
Background eraser/regular eraser, zoomed in and erased :/

N.U.G.

HSC
two questions;

1. why did this get moved to "news & emerging technologies"? :confused:

2. what is the easiest and best way to seperate Chinta's face and upper body from her background?

btw, here's a bigger version of Chinta's pic (click to enlarge);

thanks

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Easiest way would be to contact whoever did the original picture, because they've already done the separation, and try and get a hold of the original working file of it. If not, then slowly use the eraser and zoom in and cut it up manually. If you want more precision use the pen tool.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Are people here against the Extract tool or something? Filter -> Extract. It will try to do it automatically but will allow you to add your own touchups.

N.U.G.

HSC
i got this done, it's ok but i know it could be better when i practice more

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
That's pretty good dude. :) And yeah that tut is what I had in mind. Just be careful though, you chopped a portion of the guy's shoulder out and it's fairly noticeable.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
you silly people... heres how it done.

create a new documnt the size that you want it and put a colour to fill the background save it and then go to the pics you wanna clip out.

use the lasso tool to select parts of the image that you want then go to select>feather and type in what you want... I recommend 5-8. then drag that (still selected with lasso) onto the blank coloured document (the first one you creted... and the one that will end up beign the banner).

Then use the feathered eraser tool to help blend it it... you could also use the blur tool.

Remember to save your work each step of the way and make copies every few steps so its easier to trace back.

Hope that helps

and yes it looks good what uve done and extract is cool to but around chintas hair u might wanan blur it a little bit cos u can tell where the clippinh has happened... hence why we feather!... you could feather by selecting her then selecting inverse then contacting it a little (about 3-5pix) then blurring it.. but hey thats not bad.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)