• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I will either learn to make a cool banner in next 24 hours or I will jump!!! (3 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think i had a bad run in with extract in 5 or 6 and havent used it since, i prefer just using the pen tool to do extractions anyway

N.U.G.

HSC
flipsyde said:
you silly people... heres how it done.

create a new documnt the size that you want it and put a colour to fill the background save it and then go to the pics you wanna clip out.

use the lasso tool to select parts of the image that you want then go to select>feather and type in what you want... I recommend 5-8. then drag that (still selected with lasso) onto the blank coloured document (the first one you creted... and the one that will end up beign the banner).

Then use the feathered eraser tool to help blend it it... you could also use the blur tool.

Remember to save your work each step of the way and make copies every few steps so its easier to trace back.

Hope that helps

and yes it looks good what uve done and extract is cool to but around chintas hair u might wanan blur it a little bit cos u can tell where the clippinh has happened... hence why we feather!... you could feather by selecting her then selecting inverse then contacting it a little (about 3-5pix) then blurring it.. but hey thats not bad.
cool thanks!

I was looking for you on MSN but u weren't on :(

I'mma try what you said next time though :)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
N.U.G. said:
cool thanks!

I was looking for you on MSN but u weren't on :(

I'mma try what you said next time though :)
haha Ive been on all day...excapt before 11.. I was asleep hahaha

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
lasso is great once you know how to use it properly...although I agree that its still annoying at times. But just like the pen tool, if you chillax and just sit and learn it, you'll get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)