Ian Thorpe (1 Viewer)

gnrlies

HSC
Just thought i'd post this for fun...

Ian Thorpe will be a first year macqurie student next semester. He will be an on campus student as well.

I cant imagine being in his lectures or tutorials....

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Yeah, i saw him today when i was helping out with enrolment as an International Student Buddy. I heard that he is studying Arts - Psychology and that hes missing out on the first 3 weeks of uni because he is going to Beijing. I wonder how he is going to manage to catch up on his studies.

X

xeuyrawp

Dimsimmer said:
Yeah, i saw him today when i was helping out with enrolment as an International Student Buddy. I heard that he is studying Arts - Psychology and that hes missing out on the first 3 weeks of uni because he is going to Beijing. I wonder how he is going to manage to catch up on his studies.
Haha that's awesome - I've been working in E7B helping people enrol all week. Come say hi. :p

He was supposed to come by and chat about enrolment, but I think he got his form signed before anyone really saw him... Anyway, I hope he has fun and doesn't get bothered too much on campus. I think people will get used to seeing him around.

I heard that he is studying Arts - Psychology
Can't comment on what he's studying, but I don't think Arts - Psych has midyear entry, due to first semester requirements. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Gah! The first year I don't do enrolment work and I miss out on seeing Ian Thorpe!

You're right about there not usually being mid-year intake for arts-psych (because psy104 is in first semester), but it does happen sometimes - where someone does psy105 first and then psy104 the year later (i know a girl that did that). And i'm sure the uni would be easy about letting him do that...

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
Gah! The first year I don't do enrolment work and I miss out on seeing Ian Thorpe!
Lol he's not an interesting zoo animal. :p If he wasn't famous, you wouldn't give him a second look walking down the street. I hope that everyone doesn't harass him.. :-/

You're right about there not usually being mid-year intake for arts-psych (because psy104 is in first semester), but it does happen sometimes - where someone does psy105 first and then psy104 the year later (i know a girl that did that). And i'm sure the uni would be easy about letting him do that...
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there was mid-year intake for it this year. At least, I haven't noticed it on the timetables - it could be there and I've forgotten.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So does this mean the favourite past time for MQBoSers is alive again?! (stalking that is)

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
I've never understood the celebrity obsession. Why do people care so much about someone they don't even know? Personally, I couldn't care less if some celebrity was in the same lecture/tutorial as me.

Haha, maybe Thorpy can explain it to me after he finishes his Psych degree.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Macquarie University said:
The Thorpey snapshot contest.

Take your best snapshot of Thorpey any time you see him on the Maquarie campus and send them in to Spotthorpey@mq.edu.au

Extra points will be awarded to those who use excessive flash and/or outrageous angles. Photo will not be considered if Ian was aware the photograph was being taken.

The contest will span over the entire course of Ian Thorpe's studies here at Macquarie University.
I don't believe it...

HSC
yeah I suppose its sort of cool... but if he thinks he can push in front of me in the line or steal my lunch money he's got another thing comin

BackCountrySnow

HSC
celebs are above the law. He'll do what ever he goddamn wants and you can't do anything about it.

X

xeuyrawp

jake2.0 said:
Anyone else spamming his student email right now?
... Why would you go out of your way to make someone else's life worse for no apparent reason? Does it make you feel bigger? :-/

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
PwarYuex said:
... Why would you go out of your way to make someone else's life worse for no apparent reason? Does it make you feel bigger? :-/
Admittedly, I find some kind of sick satisfaction in other people's misery.

K.

HSC
I wonder if he'll use our gym and mingle with the sydnery fc'ers.

Monstar

HSC
lulz. I wish it was somebody i cared about...
IMAGINE IF JAY-Z CAME TO MACQ!?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)