IB Maths Marathon (1 Viewer)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Re: International Baccalaureate Maths Marathon

I'll take your word for it Integrand, I am still confused as to what non-negative means in this case.

I thought the discriminant for sure was reading the question first up.

And sorry I typoed before, I wrote non-negative for the discriminant but meant to say non-positive. I have corrected this now.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Re: International Baccalaureate Maths Marathon

Why do you think they don't know how to teach the subject properly there? Is it something their worked answers said?

Take back my comment about the school. Don't know much about the school personally except I have bumped across a couple of students from here. I hear a lot of complaints about students about how well a teacher can teach or can't teach a particular subject. (from all schools and universities). I say to any student or parent, never put the blame on the school/teachers or tutors. They only play about 1/5th of the role in the outcome of a grade.

I think from memory one of the authors from the Cambridge maths textbook for HSC came from there. Julie something.......

Also I have driven past Stanmore and that school fairly often.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

Q8b (i) (a+2i)(1+2i)=4-bi

I think there was another mistake in the Cambridge textbook when going through complex numbers, if someone could confirm that would be great.

I got a=8, b=-18

The books answer was:

a=8, b=-24

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
You are correct. Easy verification by substitution then expansion and grouping of reals and imaginary components which I know you know, so why did you have doubts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)